The Encounter: Part I

Dimsmore

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o181/mayneevent41/lucas-1.gif

{The scene opens up and you see Lucas Dimsmore in the middle of the Mexico City International Airport arguing with someone on the phone.}

Lucas: DON’T I PAY YOU TO HANDLE THINGS LIKE THIS??? AND WHY THE HELL DID YOU TELL HER WHERE I WAS STAYING IN MEXICO???

Man on Phone: I’m sorry Mr. Dimsmore, but my hands are tied.

Lucas: I TOLD HER BEFORE WHEN I GET BACK TO NESQUEHONING AFTER THIS SUNDAY, THAT WE WOULD WORK THINGS OUT. NOW SHE WANTS ME TO SIGN DIVORCE PAPERS???

Man: She hired the best divorce lawyer in the whole Mid-Atlantic. And of all people, you should know that Charlotte Dimsmore is not someone that you want to cross.

(Lucas drops his carry on bag and forcefully sits down in the waiting area. His head in his hands and his phone is in his lap. He sits back and slouches in his chair. He looks very tired and stressed. He finally put the phone back to his ear. )

Lucas: (Trying to remain calm) Listen Isaac. I really don’t need to be dealing with this right now. I just got into OCW. I’m 2-0 in my first two matches, and I still can’t get top billing. They have some silly poll on OCW.com and the fans choose a guy that speaks no or very bad English, a savage cannibal, his brother that looks like he sacrifices chickens in the name of voo doo and to top it off. I’m behind that ridiculous excuse of a wrestler, Tiberius Dupree. Now is really not the time……

(The text message beep goes off in his ear. He pulls the phone away from his ear to read it)

Message: You need to stop dodging me and take care of this cuz I can’t do this anymore

(He ignores it and goes back to Isaac)

Lucas: Great, now she’s sending me messages Levine. Me and you are going to have a nice little sit down when I get back to PA. Just to remind you whose f’n side you are on.

Isaac: My apologies, Have a safe flight.

Lucas: Yeah.

( He hangs his phone up and puts it in his pocket. He reaches in the one open pouch on his bag, pulls out his flight ticket to double check the boarding time. After seeing that he still has a while, he makes his way to the bathroom. Just before he gets to the door. A woman, carrying a packet of papers, taps him on the shoulder.)

Woman: Excuse me.

( He turns to face her and shows utter distain on his face as he realizes that it is in fact Charlotte Dimsmore.)

Lucas: You have got to be f’n kidding.

( She stands in front of Lucas. All 5’6” of her. Dressed very casual. Light brown leather jacket, blue jeans and slight heels. She has dark shades and big hoop earrings that are covered by her shoulder length black hair.)

Charlotte: Well Luke. Fancy seeing you here in Mexico.

Lucas: Cut the shit Charlotte. I already know that you and your super divorce lawyer bum rushed Isaac Levine’s office and found my whereabouts. I already explained to you that I didn’t want it to get to this point. And that we would talk things out after I go to San Diego and dismantle that wanna-be Dale Ernsmore.

Charlotte: (Raising her voice a little) You see. That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Everything in this marriage has turned into all about you. Lucas, Lucas, Lucas. I, I, I. Well I just can’t deal with this anymore.

(Lucas makes the motion like he wants to choke her)

Lucas: Woman, If you don’t get away from me, I will show you and everyone in this airport what I plan on doing to Ernsmore. So unless you want your lights dimmed, I suggest you take those papers, get on a plane back to Nesquehoning and we will discuss this matter then.

Charlotte: Whatever!!

(She turns and starts to walk away)

Charlotte: You are only delaying the inevitable.

(She disappears into the crowd as Lucas shows signs of him fuming.)

Lucas: (Low tone) Dale Ernsmore…… Come this Sunday… … You will be in the wrong place…… At the wrong time…… I will…… make an example…… out of you… … I will…… I will……. I F’n Will.

{Lucas turns and shoves the bathroom door, damn near off the hinges, as he walks in with his bag. The scene fades}

• Mark Out! 3

"Nesquehoning penn, is the greatest hometown in the history of hometowns." - Mr.Sensation