A message for Rust Cohle

The Last Blacksmith

The scene opens in a dark room. Only a man can be glimpsed, sitting on a chair and with a desk in front of him, illuminated by a lamp placed on it.

The camera starts behind the figure in the center of the room, then turns around it and frames its face.

It's The Last Blacksmith.

TLB: Rusty, Rusty, Rusty

TLB:or Pierre..

TLB: I hope you don't mind if I decide to make it personal, but see what I'm about to tell you now, it's as if a friend of yours was telling you. A brother.

TLB: Here, consider me your brother.

TLB: See, I'm not mad at you.

TLB: I understand that your time isn't the best. You just lost a title to a rookie..

TLB: And yes, it's true. you landed B17, but let's be clear. We're talking about a cardboard cutout compared to what it once he was.

TLB: So I understand your desire for revenge. your desire to demonstrate. And I respect it. Truly.

TLB: But you see, Pierre, what you don't understand is that you're walking into something you can't face. And you're doing it led by ignorance.

TLB:Look what happened to Solomon Caine. Or Iceman. Or Hito Gui. Or Harvey Hamilton Ocean...

TLB: Your Friend, Quartz...

TLB: All those who have undertaken this path have had indelible signs. Signs that nothing can erase.

TLB: Now my friend, as I told you, once you take this path. There's no going back. There is no protection, there is no narrative. You are without armor, naked, defenseless.

TLB: If you decide to take this path, it won't just be a match. But you will enter my kingdom. In a realm of suffering, and violence.

TLB: I know you think you are a pillar of this generation. But believe me, it won't take much, a small earthquake to shatter you.

TLB: So I ask you, as a person who doesn't want this, you have to believe me. Don't go this route.

TLB: Because you can't beat me...

Blacksmith smiles mischievously

TLB: réfléchis-y mon ami...

• Mark Out! 5