Press Conference: Lauren Hunter signs a multi-year contract with OCW

theSolomonCaine

The camera starts with a shot of a conference room, where sports journalists are bustling about amongst a jagged arrangement of steel chairs. At the front of the room, a stage is illuminated by lights on either side with a sprawl of cameras near the middle. A table runs the length of the stage, with a microphone in the middle. After a moment, an unknown gentleman approaches the microphone.

Unknown Gentleman: Hello everyone. Lauren will be here in a minute, and we ask that all questions are kept relatively short and to the point. We won't have time for everyone's questions, but that's just the nature of the beast. Thank you.

The journalists continue to bustle through the man's brief comments. A few minutes go by before a woman in a jean jacket, tank top, and brown pants comes to the microphone. She adjusts herself in the seat near the microphone, and moves the microphone closer to her face. The journalists, observing her arrival, finally settle into their own seats and quietness washes over the room.

Lauren Hunter: Hey. We'll start with you in the front there...

Hunter points at a short and stocky man in the far left of the front row.

Journalist 1: You've been working in the OCW Performance Center for a while, and now you've been signed to this multi-year deal. Because of that, a lot of people have criticized you for not working your way up through the indy scene. What do you say to that criticism?

Lauren Hunter: I think those people need to get a hobby. Just because I didn't grit my teeth in bingo halls doesn't mean that I wasn't busting my ass in the Performance Center. I earned my opportunity, and anyone who says I didn't can take it up with me in the ring.

Journalist 1: Thank you.

Lauren Hunter: You, in the back.

Hunter points as a skinny woman with long, dark hair stands up and reads from her phone.

Journalist 2: Ms. Hunter, as that question just showed, you have a reputation for bluntness. So let me ask, if you had an opportunity against Ashley Moore right now, could you win the OCW Women's Championship?

Hunter laughs.

Lauren Hunter: I don't speak about hypotheticals. But if OCW management wants to give me a shot right now, I would certainly have an unforgettable debut... You, right there in the middle.

A tall man stands up.

Journalist 3: You've been heralded as breaking the traditional norms of a wrestling woman. You're a member of the LGBT community, you've got tattoos, and you're absolutely blunt. So, do you think that you're a role model for the youth out there who might not identify with the traditional superstar?

Lauren Hunter: If some young girl out there feels that I represent them, then that's another reason for me to do what I do. But let me set the record straight, I am Lauren Hunter. Not just my tattoos, or my sexuality, but all of what makes me, me. And let me say, that Lauren Hunter is looking forward to kicking some OCW ass.

Hunter gets out of her chair and strolls off stage, while the gentlemen from earlier informs the journalists that the interview is over. They all sigh as the camera fades to black.

• Mark Out! 5

Solomon Caine, Harris Turner, and Roy Brown

1x CCW International Champion, as Solomon Caine

1x OCW Light Heavyweight Champion, as Solomon Caine

2nd Place, 2021 S-Cup Tournament, as Harris Turner

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png