Turmoil 143

Alex Robinson

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But in all seriousness, I'm very much so looking forward to my first full season in OCW and Turmoil's second season. I'm sure some alignment changes will need to be made to bring some balance to heel / face dynamic on our brand. Last season is in the past, and I feel everyone is starting off on equal footing. These first few months will be important for establishing the ranking.

G club; keep doing what you're doing.

I think Ed and Leon are a cool duo.

Jackson is still amazing and pushed me. Came very close! I think I even said I was rooting both for and against you before we recorded.

Kindred holds a special place for me, and we will do our best to carry on until Crowe starts playing again. Speaking of Kindred, consider us as a starter feud for new comers to Turmoil. Only one person has taken us up on the offer. We're here as a mean welcoming committee. Use us.

Will conspire with cactus, Jack; and our GM for a new Turmoil intro video. If anyone else wants to handle the intro video for this season, please speak up and take it off our hands. It's a volunteer thing.

Though it may be a lot of work, I think some transparency in our rankings, at least top ten will help avoid some confusion and frustration that took place season. It's hard to be told that we need to stay in our lanes when there aren't any lanes established.

Good luck everyone.

• Mark Out! 4

So I was unable to get anyone to do the podcast with me this week and you savages are too tough to do it alone, so here's my feedback.

Opening RP: Great way to start off Season 12. I thought it was a good twist to get Jack involved. It is slightly out of left field the way Season 11 ended, so it didn't 100% make sense to have Jack leading the show, but Jack is a treasure here and his RP's are the best.

Jackson and KD was really good. I love the implied racism for Jackson. He and KD made for a great duo and I hope to see more of them together.

Wrex gets props for doing what most rookies don't - something! He seems like a fan favorite. I'd like too see more guys who don't have to grab the low hanging fruit of foul language. It's got me thinking....

Madison and Pyra match I thought was good. Madison, hands down, has the best entrance here. I never watch all the matches, just due to times sake. I watch the opening, skip through and the ending. Madison might be a force if she keeps pushing herself and picking up wins.

Was the 'sissy' thing weird for anyone else? No? Just me? Ok...

Chase and Graham was great. I enjoy the story and I am interested, watching and wanting to see where this goes. I could get old quick but could be awesome if it grows.

I loved Joe's shirt and I am glad he's back. The look is really different though. I wish there were a little more story as to why.

Sir Henry, you're not on discord so I couldn't send you a message but get over yourself a little bit. Yes guys here are harsh, yes they are tough on rookies and they don't make it easy. This is their place and if you want to be apart of the best efed around, then suck it up, take the feedback, go back to the drawing board and stick with it. Take it from a fellow semi-newbie who got some of that same himself and had to fight through it.

I don't know if Dustin wrote with Jack or not, but Dustin actually had a personality in that RP. He has seemed like a log floating down the river with no direction or voice. I am liking this version of Dustin a lot.

Watering Hole was fun. I always enjoy writing with Bills handler - she's the best. The Hole got a little diluted at the end because there were a million ideas that others wanted to do and it kept falling through and I just ran out of time to tie it up better. I am open to feedback on what people think, would like to see and to keep it fresh. I don't want it to get stale and I have some ideas that I'll try this season.

5% nation - I just want to know more and see where they are going. I was hoping to hear where they were going when they interrupted the WH. Give me more!

Chase and Dustin match was really good. I enjoyed watching that one and both have good characters.

Austin and Sid RP was good. I always struggle reading the # stuff, but I really like the gimmick. It was the most heel that I've seen from Austin. The wolves and the sheep thing was kinda cool but, for me, didn't fit the character and the look. Another story I am intrigued by.

The next RP was another that didn't really make 100% sense. The only thing I can think is that GC isn't responsible and someone else is stirring trouble.

Wrex and Greyham was a good match. I though it was great to have the highlights of it. Maybe a preshow match though since it was a highlight? Seemed like an odd placement, thats all. I am all in on the Greyham and Chase characters. Wrex looks to be a straight, no nonsense heel. I dig it.

Loki and Trance might be my two favorite people here on Turmoil. Their RP are hilarious and this one was an instant classic. I would have liked to seen that before the show or something. Again, its just me but I dont enjoy hoping between the show and stuff that happens away from the show. The RP was an instant classic for me though. Up there with Jack and his AA meeting RP.

Seb RP was always great. Short, sweet and sets up something bigger. I love that kinda stuff. Good break from the big RP.

Sophia :o needs to get that championship back. Sophia and Madison interactions are funny as hell and also disturbing when you really think about it.

I wasn't supposed to be in this and then Jack and I gave it a shot. Clearly showed that we haven't worked together and I wasn't clear on the rules so I didn't get that last break up in. Sucks, but we'll get it. I think the GC has a really solid plan going forward.

I get the RP from B17 and it's good. I just want to see him in the ring for a change.

Jackson might have the 2nd best entrance behind Madison and he takes those knees like a champ. Good mess would someone please take one of these championships from this manimal!! Cactus needs to get his crap together and earn a shot. This one is on you Jack for the PPV blow hole that we had! ;)

WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE TO BIG ED!! Scary looking dude. Thats a heel done right. I am all in on this story line. I do wish the back story would have been told better as to what really happened instead of Ed just disappearing. Either way Ed will be someone making noise here. Great job Leon.

Hopefully next week we will give the Gentleman Club recap show a try again.

• Mark Out! 7

Mq5JDg1.jpg

Want to be on the Watering Hole? Message Me.

http://ocwfed.tv/recapppv/Award2k16/bestnewsegment2016.png

B17 - "Jordan Jax has Stone Cold moves. Rock taunts and Cena jorts. He's the wrestling equivalent of a hipster."

Opening segment was great and a strong way to begin the show. Try not to be so careless with your new championship, Dennis - they are expensive and Sir Henry Francis needs that part of the budget for his pyro!

Really solid RP from everyone. Great to Wrex getting himself out there - your character comes across very well and I enjoyed your segment, look forward to seeing more of you.

Cactus, fear not, the watering hole is great and it's awesome of you to take time to put others over. Not sure how much story I can put into my attire change, just wanted a change for the new season. (Did try to allude to it in my last promo room post.) :-)

Nice surprise appearance from 5% Nation, big fan of these guys, and find them very entertaining

Madison defeats Pyra, grrrr.

Main event was a solid match. Nearly had a heart attack when Dennis actually landed the cous de grace (to the ringside, no less). Shame you didn't get the win Jackson, but you still looked strong in defeat. At least JackMo gets to ride his quad bike, whereas Dennis doesn't get to ride Madison.

Ed's return was pretty scary - I fucking love all this supernatural shit. Hoping for some resident evil style, “Nemesis” moments where someone is cutting a promo backstage and Ed comes crashing through a wall to mess their shit up!

Sorry if you didn't get a mention, I suck at writing these reviews and would really just be repeating what others have already said. Overall, really enjoyed the show and it was a good start to the new season!

Onwards and upwards Turmoil!

• Mark Out! 6

"In my own special way, I am rooting for you, but for the most part I want to see you fail…"

Mr. Sensation, The Mini Desk - Multi-Tasking Edition

Opening segment was great and a strong way to begin the show. Try not to be so careless with your new championship, Dennis - they are expensive and Sir Henry Francis needs that part of the budget for his pyro!

Really solid RP from everyone. Great to Wrex getting himself out there - your character comes across very well and I enjoyed your segment, look forward to seeing more of you.

Cactus, fear not, the watering hole is great and it's awesome of you to take time to put others over. Not sure how much story I can put into my attire change, just wanted a change for the new season. (Did try to allude to it in my last promo room post.) :-)

Nice surprise appearance from 5% Nation, big fan of these guys, and find them very entertaining

Madison defeats Pyra, grrrr.

Main event was a solid match. Nearly had a heart attack when Dennis actually landed the cous de grace (to the ringside, no less). Shame you didn't get the win Jackson, but you still looked strong in defeat. At least JackMo gets to ride his quad bike, whereas Dennis doesn't get to ride Madison.

Ed's return was pretty scary - I fucking love all this supernatural shit. Hoping for some resident evil style, “Nemesis” moments where someone is cutting a promo backstage and Ed comes crashing through a wall to mess their shit up!

Sorry if you didn't get a mention, I suck at writing these reviews and would really just be repeating what others have already said. Overall, really enjoyed the show and it was a good start to the new season!

Onwards and upwards Turmoil!

You don't need to go all out on this reviews bud.

I appreciate people taking time to write something up. This is exactly what we want. Discussion!

It's good to see peoples thoughts and please keep them coming.

• Mark Out! 1

http://www.ocwfed.net/recapshow/asy/2007-01-08/sara.JPG

Quick notes, things unsaid, etc...

Well well well, GJack and Reagan are friends! And thankfully too, as that means no more Alex Robinson as GM. BAI BISH! Please let the door hit you in your way out! Looking forward to learning more about Reagan other than the fact that he (rightfully so) hates his own daughter.

REV INC BRETHREN! I love the dynamic between KD and Jackson. Every time I read about Jackson hinting at racial nuances I giggle because I know the person behind it is a normal accepting guy, and I imagine every time they do an RP he whispers to KD "I didn't really mean that, I swear!".

Seems like some people have said that the Madison/Pyra match was too long. Personally, I disagree. The match itself was just under 13 mins. That's really pretty reasonable compared to some other matches I've seen. In fact, It could probably have went longer but that would have been silly. Anywho, I'm honored that Pyra and the Orphanage/now Kindred faction have linked up with Lucas Crowe and his awesome theme. We hope you come back soon Crowe!

I <3 Joey Z!! So so SO glad that you're back! You were missed. I'm interested to learn more about Sir Henry Francis, so please hang in there.

Rooks in general- don't get too down about constructive criticism. It's meant to be, well, constructive... To help build you up and get better. Sure, some people may tear you down about it at first... But usually those people wanna see how you're gonna carry on thereafter. Vets here have seen people come and go week after week, prob 1-2 out of every 5 that join actually stay, so sometimes it gets tiresome. If you're not comfortable asking something in public for fear of getting roasted, send a pm to someone. Please, even if you aren't booked, do something. Submit an rp. Tell us something about you that will make us remember you. If you look at some of the more established characters, it's the little details and nuances that count. It doesn't even have to be anything major- but you won't find it unless you RP and develop your character. Chatting in discord is a helpful tool to grow ideas with others. Some of the best ideas have come from random chats backstage.

Dustin and Cacti Gauge, you guys have come a long way! Cactus, you haven't given up and you're finding your niche with the WH segments. Maybe someday Cactus and Stacy Clark can share an interview segment... As far as Ding and Cactus, stay tuned to see what happens next.

Phew, I seem to have ranted for quite a while here so I'm gonna lay down bruhhh (for now). More later

• Mark Out! 5
http://i.imgur.com/Be83i2k.jpg

Im honored that Pyra and the Orphanage/now Kindred faction have linked up with Lucas Crowe and his awesome theme.

The honour is real! Marked out so hard to the Kindred promo video from a few shows ago.

"Immortal fear, that voice so clear

Through broken walls, that scream I heeeeeeeeeeAAAAAAAR"

Going to watch Lost Boys for some inspiration now. :D

• Mark Out! 2

"In my own special way, I am rooting for you, but for the most part I want to see you fail…"

Mr. Sensation, The Mini Desk - Multi-Tasking Edition

Thank you Cactus!

Note: Keep your head up Francis. I like your look, though I would tone down the entrance. I realize the irony in that coming from me, especially with who I manage. But still. We can't see you for half the entrance as is. As far as fpr, everyone gets scrutinized. Some are nicer than others about it. At the end of the day, no one on turmoil is trying to drive you out. Our roster isn't big enough to warrant that kind of intent. Others have gotten it so much worse.

Keep at it, get retested, and continue fighting Wrex, Jackson, and Doug for turmoil's top rookie. (So far)

• Mark Out! 1

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e35813f5da5e65b0268294aae9404670/tumblr_mzw9qgUu9U1r0ii93o1_500.gif

Madison_Cox_awards.png