Lord of the Ring: Week 1

Stacy Clark

DAMIAN ALEXANDER: As I mentioned before, I will be conducting a test of an unofficial ranking system for OCWFED.NET. I received allot of positive feedback about the project and adjusted the point system accordingly.

From now on, each wrestler will be allowed 5 "Irish Whips" into the turnbuckle, before they will stop receiving points. The "Irish Whip" counts as a quick grapple (5 points) but this does not mean you will stop receiving points for quick grapples or "Irish Whips", just "Irish Whips" into the turnbuckle. However this also includes "Irish Whips" into the barricade, outside of the ring.

Ground strikes count as 1 point, similar to standing strikes, but I will only count the first ground strike. I understand that many wrestlers don't mind if others use multiple ground strikes in the game and as long as no one abuses it, it isn't a major issue, but just realize that you can't use ground strikes as a way squeeze in a few more points.

Standing strikes are not effected by this and if you hit your opponent with multiple strikes, each one will be counted. However, for "BRAWLERS", the combo attack will only count as one strike, as the first attack can be countered, but the following two strikes cannot.

Also for "BRAWLERS", seeing as the initial ground n' pound grapple cannot be countered, you will not receive points for triggering this special skill. It doesn't mean you shouldn't use it in the game, as it still causes damage as far as I know, but just realize it won't garnish any points in the ranking system.

That is all for now. I will keep you informed of any new updates to the ranking system as more matches are reviewed and topics/concerns arise. Having explained that, on with the Lord of the Ring Rankings.

RIOT

1/10/2008

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7601/a1js1.png

HIGH SCORE LORD:

Nate Ortiz w/565 (Big surprise, I know)

Closest Match:

Parker Stevens v. Otomo Musashi - I knew this would happen eventually, but I didn't expect to see it on the first round. Despite securing the win, Otomo Musashi actually had Stevens beat on points before the pinfall. The score would have been even closer had Stevens not used up his Irish Whips into the turnbuckle. He used 6, so that last one did not secure any points.

None the less, this match was close through out. I don't think they ever stayed more than 10-20 points apart and even tied up a few times. I think this match-up definitely needs to be revisited in the near future.

Biggest Gap:

Nate Ortiz v. Kang James - Nate Ortiz, once again, shows his in-ring dominance by obtaining a 244 point lead over his opponent before the pinfall. To give you an idea of how dramatic that is, some people didn't even reach 244 points in this weeks ranking.

Honorable Mention:

Parker Stevens - Although Nate Ortiz looks like he will be the man to beat in the upcoming rankings, Parker Stevens isn't far behind. Showing a consistent 400+ points per match, he has what it takes to be a major contender in OCW.

SIDE NOTE: I'm planning to show the total points at the end of each month to announce the official unofficial "Lord of the Ring" for that particular month. I might separate the winners into two divisions, the Most Points and the Highest Average Points, but that could change.

ENDING NOTE: Now that you know how the system works, work on your game and strive to become the one true...

LORD OF THE RING

LotR.jpg

This is actually a really great idea, i'm looking forward to keeping track of this.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5774/sig2uq.jpg

2 x Hardcore Champion (Longest defending OCW champ,19 defences)

1 x NA Champion

1 x Pride Champion

1 x TV Champion

2 x OCW World Heavyweight Champion

F.I Winner 2012

MOTN vs Leonheart @ Wrestlution 7

'Don't worry about no one else, hows my hair look' - Tiberius Dupree

'Wipe you ass and go to bed' - Sensation to B17

• Administrators
I like the concept alot seems like alot of work but it is work well spent IMHO.
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

• Administrators
On Average how long does a match take to tally?
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

Not really sure, as I had to redo them after I adjusted the points. After the first few times, I already had the point system in my head, so I doubt it should take that long now.

I download the videos so I can pause if necessary. I'd then adjust my media player settings to keep it on top of other windows, so I don't have to constantly do Alt + Tab. Each match is about 15 minutes, so it probably takes me twice that long to watch it, so 30min. x 6... 3 hours to watch and tally. That's not counting download times of course.

I tend to do it in bursts, so 1.5 hours each day. I'm fairly good with numbers and almost got a job with the IRS at one point, but I rather enjoy the company of other people who feel no need to stab me, so eh.

Making the ESPN looking graphic was the real pain in the ass, as simple as it looks.

• Administrators
I would really like this to continue infact I mentioned it in the Desk.
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png

"I'm 5,9" - Ry