Solomon Caine takes a call from an old friend

theSolomonCaine

The camera opens with a shot of Solomon Caine resting on a couch, facing a television set. As the camera scrolls around, the television set comes into view showing the match between Caine and Austin Lee at the 15th Anniversary PPV. After a moment, Caine reaches for a remote lying on a side table to his right and rewinds the video by a minute or two. Another minute passes, when an iPhone on the coffee table in front of Caine begins to vibrate. Caine rises to see the call, which the camera pans to see the Caller ID reading "Peter Markley" [1]. He answers the call, but the audio from the other side doesn't play.

Solomon Caine: Hello?

Solomon Caine: I've been good, a lot better than before obviously. How've you been?

Solomon Caine: Well of course I would've loved to hold on to that title for forever, but ya know, shit don't always work out like you want it. Plus, I think I've got better things on my mind right now.

Solomon Caine: Ya know... like... maybe the CCW title? I really don't know yet.

Solomon Caine: Yes, I know. I know. I'm working on it.

Solomon Caine: Yea, what about it?

Solomon Caine: I mean, they're a bunch of creepy sons-a-bitches. What more is there to say? God knows why they wanted me of all people.

Caine shifts to an overly defensive tone.

Solomon Caine: I'm not joining Kasstianity, Pete. That's absolutely f*cking ridiculous and you know it.

Solomon Caine: Listen, what could they even do for me?! I beat Austin Lee! I don't need whatever black magic or talent they have to be great!

Caine chuckles cautiously.

Solomon Caine: I knew you were f*cking around. Relax, I'm all good.

Solomon Caine: Okay Pete... bye.

Caine puts the phone back on the coffee table. He rests for a moment while looking at the phone and breathes a heavy sigh. The camera fades to black as he leans back into the couch.

---

[1] http://www.ocwfed.com/forum/showthread.php?24273-Back-to-Basics

• Mark Out! 3

Solomon Caine, Harris Turner, and Roy Brown

1x CCW International Champion, as Solomon Caine

1x OCW Light Heavyweight Champion, as Solomon Caine

2nd Place, 2021 S-Cup Tournament, as Harris Turner

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png