Lots have been said already (Thank you!)

AC vs Owen was fun for what it was. I am not the biggest fan of the theme, I feel it could have a bit more OOMPH. I might do some digging there. Owen had a good rookie showing, wish we could have seen more offense, but we know he can take a punch and reverse when it matters. Good FPR, good engage, just needs to lock down spacing and known when to initiate. Cobra's been overlooked and disrespected all season and the VP was a clear example of that. Now let's see if he takes the momentum into a program or continues to sit on his hands.

H2O with an actual backstory to his new appearance. Then he unleashes the most cringe freestyle in OCW history. I'm sure if it was anyone else, I'd praise it, but Harvey specifically continues to be the segment equivalent of HPV, so there you have it.

I like this introduction to Alyssa Marceaux, going through tryouts and such before maybe eventually hitting the ring.

I am not sure what to take away from the Iceman/Mantis segment. I've already stated the ship has sailed on HMR for me, so I just await whatever he dedicates his energy into and at least it's a program. Iceman whooping his dumbass as soon as his long entrance was ending was hilarious, but I have to wait to see what it means.

The basketball game was a tad long, but definitely had some funny spots in it. A unique way to build a match for sure. It absolutely pales in comparison to the segment later in the night.

Bax and McIntyre doing OCW right! Taking a booking and turning it into something! Their match was so-so, lots of running and I'm definitely not sold on Hunter's very "online quick play" moveset just yet, but always room for improvement (and in Bax's case, shaking off the rust) and the post segment was ezpz classic wrassling. Hopefully it keeps up. Also, NO WWE LOGO TITANTRONS. If you have a custom tron, you need to record your own entrance and send it to whomever is putting the match together. If you're not, you need to turn the tron off in entrance settings.

Tibby's "Hold your Matteos" popped me. Short and sweet and set up for the amazing Rust/Caine Pride title callout later in the night.

Marisa went through a fucking journey tonight. Starting with a segment where she's clearly a proud, unapologetic babyface against Claudio, which I thought was great, going into that horrific and unexplained beatdown of Valkyrie. She explains later that this is due to people getting put in front of her. Probably not valid in reality, but that's what makes heels great, whether it's real or not, Marisa believes it and that's where great heels are born. Asher seems to be going right along for the evil ride with her, so that's where we're at at least for now.

With QC Connect (maybe?) out of the picture, how is this going to affect Asher or what she does next?

I appreciate the continuity of Harvey's 2nd promo. I feel the first one could have been saved for Turmoil, but this one is the one. Explanations for every action he's taking and world connecting is always good. Why he's taking shots at Nate, I can't answer, he already got his ass whooped at R2G, but time will tell.

The dream sequence into the final part of the in-ring promo calling out Tre for a match at CNSQ was *chefs kiss*. Colin continues to be the high king of rookies.

@Spider, you know I have a TV right? What exactly are you doing sucking up to le pride champion? -_-

Telos and Anderson was a great reintroduction for Telos, but a real step backwards for Anderson, who had 2 pretty solid outings prior to this. Pins are resets kid, you can't hit diving moves after a pin. Other than that, was happy to see Telos back, who needs to learn FPR himself, forfeiting a ton of opportunities to follow up. This was a different version of AC/OWEN to me, but the SUDDEN DEATH sig pop was a lot of fun.

Also, (and I'm not there yet if it's on this show) but I think it's about time I see some character development/promos from Nathaniel. You won't keep getting bookings if you're just hanging around, our roster is too stacked to have space like that.

DOC breaking all of our hearts. The OCW tradition of getting injured or taking time off after a major PPV loss has taken one of my favorite boyz. OOC I understand he's got big tings going on IRL that are actually worth celebrating, and once he settles in, the pop when Audacity plays again is going to be monstrous. See you soon, lad.

Kota Rain's segment read immediately like a combination of Quartz and Terra's gimmicks. I'm gonna have to brother someone backstage. More time should help her stand out.

OWEN and Fraser team??? I don't hate it. Two no-nonsense men slapping beef. Even if it's not, it's a great introduction feud for big OWEN.

Mantis' promo doesn't lean in any direction, in terms of alignment. That's the first thing I'd get locked down before we get to the meat and potatoes of this feud.

The 6 man tag had some solid action, moreso in the first half than the second, but I didn't mind the length. As long it's not an every week thing. This did it's job and was fun to see the Wolves together as one in the ring.

Couple notes. Why doesn't Tre have his title? There are 2 other instances where people don't have their title on the show and it's sensible why they don't, they're there to immediately jump into action and the game doesn't have any way to logically have them put it somewhere, but this one makes 0 sense. During a match entrance, put your title on.

Ashley lives and her managing days are not behind her! I still miss Ashley as an in-ring competitor, but as long as she's around, OCW is better for it.

HOLY SHIT TOBIN FROST IS BACK!!!!

I know this was probably lost on most of you who don't know your history. All I can say is respect the pop the veterans gave it and maybe ask a few questions of the OGs in chat. Tobin Frost (as you saw in the match) is nobody to fucks with. Of course he immediately stakes his claim to one of the world titles.

Ain't gon' be me, bitch! Back of the line!

Parker vs Kass - MOTN, no question, not even close. The chemistry, the tit for tat, the back and forth. All of it was excellent. Elliot has these matches where he is chaotic and all over the place and can't find his feet, then he has these matches where he tears the house down. Great stuff and Elliot gained a TON from this one.

even from an IC perspective, pinning another former world champion clean was huge.

Then he had to go and ruin it by joining up with TWC.

I liked the turn and reveal, and I don't hate the combination of Kass/TWC if that's where this is going.

A couple of editing notes since I'm nitpicky about editing stuff. - Why didn't TY Sparks get any kind of entrance? Text motion should be SPECIFICALLY held for things you can't re-create using the in-game assets. Recording an entrance for TY and having him slide into the ring and maybe a trios celebration before the big turn from Elliott would have been way more impactful.

I'm not even gonna get on whomever edited this. I just wish TY showed any level of Ambition and showed that he cared about the TV product once in a while. If you don't, well then you won't care about the seggy or what I'm saying here and that's fine, but just getting a 2 second text box for your entrance (and literally your only foray into a Supershow/PPV that you had 2 weeks to work on) is wack.

I don't know where your head is at, but with all this inherent support for you (bc you're a good dude/kid) and Sparks himself (because he's got the look/tools to be a star), you really don't seem to be all that interested in anything but DMing and being a body for matches. I found that out first hand when I recruited you to work with Spider and I early this year.

That's how I feel and I hope you prove me wrong, dude. Rant over.

The La Mujera plan is very interesting. On one hand, I am a little disappointed that our cases are going to be gone before the new year, but on the other hand, already knowing who is going to be in the Summercide women's Main Event is exciting. You hold the gold, you got a French Killer waiting for you.

Terra vs Blaine had the unfortunate duty of following up Kass/Elliot, but shit happens! I could tell VP was a bit winded after that absolute showcase. Nature of the beast, but just a shout out to Bingo for being a damn good opponent as always. This probably horrified him as it was very similar to the Night 1 ME of Lution lol. N A T U R E - R U L E S

Emp being a heel and saying mean things about Terra. I know I'm involved here, but Emp's delivery and reasoning behind her going after Terra is effective. There should be backstory and reason behind everything you do and there's a very easy one to see here. For those that don't, Emp lays it out short and sweet. This should be fun.

LOL the Dominion promo. Someone (Danny) forgot to fill in his lines and left a placeholder in there. That was accidentally hilarious. Danny continues to show his logical "young boy is angry!" attitude in the face of the calm and cool World Champion & Legend. This is a thread that's been going on for a while and it could turn into something. I have my eyes on Danny going forward as it pertains to Dominion.

PRIDE TITLE MATCH NEXT WEEK BABY!

Maxx never ceases to amaze me. This was under 2 minutes and did so much for me. I was thoroughly sports entertained. Throwing it back to his match with Jehst and explaining that he's going to do TV since he can't be on film. Such a great shitty heel explanation of a loss. Maxx plugs his match next week against CG and the Joshua Tucker appearance at the end got a huge pop from me! Maxx vs Joshua would be a BOMB pairing. Hopefully that wasn't just a cameo.

PAPA REESE IS HERE! Even after what happened to him at Lution, he's dead set on standing up for his boy Mark. Garcia meets him in the parking lot, which did make me laugh because that's where he saw Dillinger and Parca earlier that night. Was he just there through the entire 3 hour show? That's commitment.

THE REVEAL! Garcia was the one who dropped Papa Reese at Lution and he's back for seconds against the Papa. This was placed perfectly before the ME and looking back, it makes perfect sense. These rookies are angrier and angstier by the fucking minute.

The MAAAAIN EVENT of the evening. I can't give this MOTN, but it has to be number 2 in a show with a fucking LIT 2nd half. Flippy shit all over the place. Parca going in reverse, getting more flippy and less technical the more heelish he gets. I am not one of those corny mfs who thinks you can't be a high flyer if you're a heel. Plenty of opportunities to be a shit bag while doing crazy shit.

Good aggression here, nothing stood out that I disliked. The STORY of H2O winning the match but TED being distracted was such PERFECT heel work. Couldn't write that shit any better. If anyone didn't catch me on commentary, what an opportunity for a throwback for Harvey. Knowing he's fighting El Parca, he throws on move thief. For the uninitiated, Harvey used the "Trouble in Tijuana" when he was still a young lad in OCW. The ability to recognize the opportunity and take it was masterful. That wasn't enough due to turnbuckle shenanigans and Destino wins the day.

The end scene was bananas, with Harvey actually getting beaten down, I expected him to get some shots in but no. Garcia full of rookie rage and moose piss takes him down with the Aztec Neck Check and DDE continues to grow. Money talks, motherfuckers.

I literally stopped recording and had to put my last part in post because Salami interrupted the post scene. Love that he didn't lose sight on Harvey just because of his title match next week. Continuity all over the place! Even main roster WWE can't always commit to this level of long term storytelling overall. Love it!

Overall:

I mean fuck, the first half of the show, match-wise, was an introduction piece and rookie showcase, letting us get to know them. The second half is stacked with super over people and that helped the matches a lot.

The aggression and FITE of KD/Tobin, the comeback and stubborness in Terra/Blaine, the fucking EXPERT level hybrid play of Elliot/Kass, and the great storytelling/development in H2O/Parca. That's how it's done people.

I do have some production thoughts as well.

- This show and Lution was a big deal so the pyro thing can be excused, but we now have to get back in line and dial it about 10 notches back. Let's all re-evaluate our entrances before Turmoil and make sure we're not overdoing it with the pyro. That obviously includes me, before anyone starts running their mouth.

- Try to pace yourselves, I know OCW is the fucking bomb, but let's not blow our loads. Like I said above, this show was a special case because of the long break and big card, but let's try to avoid having 2-3+ RPs/segments on every show. Diminishing returns and it will wear you the fuck out. Be cordial and understand that your fellow OCWers should have time to shine. Let's spread the love.

- ENGAGE, ENGAGE, ENGAGE. As a general rule of thumb, you should not be standing back in a corner or moving laterally waiting for your opponent to "whiff" their move EVERY FUCKING RESET. That's the most annoying thing ever, it's terrible to watch, and it'll piss off your opponent. Pausing your engage for a half second, or taking a small half step backwards here and there throughout a match is not what I mean, that's mixing things up and that's great for throwing your opponent off. Let's just make sure we look at our playstyle as a community and commit to having fun, aggressive, fast paced, non-video game matches. This doesn't mean run at your opp every single reset either. Just have fun with it, fellas.

- WWE Logos have been cut mostly down, but a friendly reminder that they're not cool. As a recorder, you should never have those in. It takes only a few short moments to go into a CAWs entrance settings and turn them off.

- Please turn off the HUD in entrances. It's minor, but when we can avoid the "Breakout" thing during entrances, or the game HUD in cutscenes, we should be doing it. If you play offline, that's cool, it just takes one click to turn it off and turn it back on. We all do it.

- If you have editing questions, don't be afraid to ask. I'm not going to give you a fucking tutorial, but simple things I can try to lend a second pair of eyes to, especially if I know it'll help overall production week-to-week.

Love you all. See you for Turmoil.

• Mark Out! 13

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

Terra vs Blaine had the unfortunate duty of following up Kass/Elliot, but shit happens! I could tell VP was a bit winded after that absolute showcase. Nature of the beast, but just a shout out to Bingo for being a damn good opponent as always. This probably horrified him as it was very similar to the Night 1 ME of Lution lol. N A T U R E - R U L E S

Those that survive the first 7 minutes are worthy.

• Mark Out! 1

"Amatuer cheat hunter, Resident OCWFED historian, Lover of spreadsheets, data and HOI, MASTER OF THE GOKART"

*I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY PROFILE!*

spacer.png

What a great show. Pyromania!!! Looks like we spent some of our Lution Money on our own Pyros! Oooooh Yeaaah!

I wanted to explain a few things, a lot of my own mistakes. I made the Wolves entrance and forgot to put the title on Tre. The Break out hud (Mantis), the length of the entrances, All my fault. I submitted the video without catching the little things like Ohh, Tre without the International Title, the layout of the entrance (Oreo cookie). The mannerisms matched each assigned Character. Which is why it looks like an Oreo hahaha. I didn’t have time to fix it as my daughter was only here for a week and I didn’t have time to change it as I was spending as much time for a week as I could with her. So my fault.

Mantis entering with the “fake out“ which wasn’t a fake out because everyone knew he wasn’t gonna be HRM, he got sooooo much heat for it, then making his slow and long entrance, only to be interrupted and get the dog shite kicked out him for interrupting the Iceman. You weren’t supposed to feel sorry for Mantis at all, it was heel mentality of “I do what I want” like his Real demeanor sometimes in discord. Tapping into the transformation of “superhero to supervillain” so to speak. So I think that was a big step in that direction. It was my idea so I take all heat from that as well for criticisms.

Iceman’s technical ability. Read his bio. He is a brawler who also can actually wrestle. After injuries from an early hardcore and high flying style early in his career, but had to switch to a ground based game, and started bulking up. Little detail that gets overlooked if you haven’t read his bio. But since that move is so hated I will change it, already have. You won’t see it again from Iceman.

Now. What a main event!! Amazono!

Marissa Goin ham!!! Beat that ass! Haha. Great promos imo with the Claudio and Marissa exchanges. Awesome.

Pretty much everything that others have already stated, al the good bad and ugly. I’m still a novice at making these videos, so please bare with me as I learn and figure more out and try to perfect it.

• Mark Out! 6
The Iceman has spoken. Dig It!

Little Takeaways:

Very glad to see Tobin back. That's a huge move.

Video RP of the night goes to Colin and Tre with the dream/nightmare sequence. Innovative, original, captivating.

Doc send off. Sad.

Yet to read everything but that's a long ass show.

Good job everybody.

Summer begins.

Oh yeah. Doc retirement makes me sad. I’m hoping it’s all a rouse.

“- WWE Logos have been cut mostly down, but a friendly reminder that they're not cool. As a recorder, you should never have those in. It takes only a few short moments to go into a CAWs entrance settings and turn them off.“ Jake

Question. For the in-ring Promos is there a way to not have the wwe logo on the mic? Please excuse my ignorance on this, just checking so o can do better next time

“- WWE Logos have been cut mostly down, but a friendly reminder that they're not cool. As a recorder, you should never have those in. It takes only a few short moments to go into a CAWs entrance settings and turn them off.“ Jake

Question. For the in-ring Promos is there a way to not have the wwe logo on the mic? Please excuse my ignorance on this, just checking so o can do better next time

No, that's one of those things that is unavoidable and is fine.

• Mark Out! 1

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

The Matches

Hunter vs Dave E. Jones

Yeah, this was alright. It's a shame that Dave E. lost as soon as the gimmick was unveiled, but I'm hoping that he can back this up with some decent writing. The match itself, rough around the edges, but I'll give it time, people far more experienced than me have flagged up the flaws, and I'm confident I'll be seeing good stuff from both these guys.

Owen vs AC Cobra

Oof, the entrance theme. I'd genuinely love to score something in time with his entrance once we know he'll be sticking around a bit. I know exactly what he's going for with it, but Game of Thrones is already a dead meme, and I feel that there are so many orchestral pieces that work better, maybe something from The Rite Of Spring, Symphonie Fantastique's march to the gallows, Sibelius' Swan of Tuonela, something with more texture than this. I like Owen, I wanna see more of him, but I think he needs a theme with gravitas.

The match itself though, yeah it was bonkers, loads of flips and Owen kind of found a character groove towards the end. I'm really optimistic about this guy.

Telos vs Nathaniel

I'm not gonna lie, I was taken out of this match by how much it looked like Nathaniel was cooked, it felt weird seeing this scrawny guy take a beating with no damage until late game. I did like the ending, however, sudden death is always a fun time.

6 Man

bois this was hell to organise. First tag match on the show, I had a fun time, thanks to the more experienced tag teamers on my team making me feel welcome, and Wolves put on a fight. Some game fuckery, sure, but the thing felt respectful for most part, and we all improvised around it.

KD vs Tobin

I have to admit, I don't know the lore, so this was lost on me. However, this is clearly a big deal! Not only that, with several high profile retirements/breaks happening, I'm really excited to see the landscape of OCW change for the rest of this season, hopefully it gives new contenders a chance, and will be a chance for good stories to be told. The actual match, I love KD, he's great, and I thought the story of Tobin not being able to win with a regular powerbomb so he did a top rope one was really clever.

Elliot vs Kass

Match of the night. No doubt. It was bloody great seeing two kicky guys going mad on each other, and it was one of the first times I saw Elliot really bring it in the ring the way he does on our Dms sometimes. Such a flashy match with loads of stuff going on, I loved it, and I hope Elliot does something with his momentum from here.

Terra vs Blaine

Well, this was just an all out fight. Not as flashy as the previous match, and potentially less memorable because of that, but I always like seeing two top tier handlers try and outdo each other, it's great to watch from an OCW-playing perspective. Terra is still one of my favourite things in the entire company, and I'm looking forward to see her climbing up the rankings.

H20 vs Parca

Yeah, solid. I'm really liking Heel Parca, and I really wanted H20 to pull it out. I was worked as all hell when he hit the Trouble and Ted was distracted, really great heel stuff, really great storytelling. Heel Parca, once the niggly bits with the tag belts is sorted out, will be a force of nature, and I'm excited to see it.

Memorable stuff from the RPs

-- Dominion Promo --

Hey guys Dominion are into Omegaverse. Yeah, the line about alphas in particular stood out to me. I will admit, I'm not as big on Dominion as I used to be, I hope Tony gets to fly a bit more on his own with that title, Rust is one of my favourite characters on his own merits (more on that in a sec), but, jesus. Nate struck me as this old, powerful guy who speaks clearly and with intent, while also being a properly nasty bastard, and he just took this segment for himself with minimal effort.

-- DOC and Rust --

I nearly gave this to the Doc retirement story in general, but I loved this promo in particular. I just feel the weight and the history dripping off this promo. Nothing fancy, nothing long, just something that draws on what OCW is and immediately got my attention.

-- Heel Parca does Heel Parca Things --

This show was packed with Heel Parca, and jesus christ do I hate this guy. Great, great characterisation throughout, and the best part is I recognise this guy. Heel Parca isn't a huge departure from old Parca, he's just got something a bit different to him that makes you love to hate him. Out of character, Parca's really stepped up his writing, and he's pulled this out of the bag at just the right time. I'm hyped to follow this story, and I'm very excited to hopefully do some writing in this overarching Dennis Dillinger story.

-- H20 Raps --

When are we doing a rap battle using the DK Rap as a beat, that's the real question.

• Mark Out! 9