Ambition 46!

Mr.Richard Blood

http://www.ocwfed.net/miscpics/ocw_ambitionsmall.jpg

The Champion(?) Edition!

http://www.ocwfed.net/miscpics/ocw_ambitionsmall.jpg

The conquerer returns!

There is a match missing - TJ Stevens Vs Justin Raze is yet to be handed in, but Justin put in work on a couple of RPs, so I've left space for it in the show. If the recorder wants to hand it in, then that'll work, but if not, the result is still obvious from the RPs. I won't have a rookie's hard work go to waste because someone can't hand in a match.

Please note the new file target for each match. If you need any help squashing the matches to 100mb, contact me via PM. Starting this week, Sanctions will be in place if you continuously hand in videos that are over 200mb

• Mark Out! 7

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never write up show critiques because I feel like I haven't been doing this for very long at all so I don't feel like critiquing other wrestlers but in the interest of promoting Ambition discussion, here it is. My critiques will be mainly on the RP aspect since I have a lot of experience in regular (non gaming) e-feds when it comes to that.

Knox - I loved your intro RP. I love when promos feature events that happened weeks or months prior and I believe the Scofield/Knox fight was two weeks ago. For you to continue RPing an injury that happened in a small match two weeks ago is awesome to me. Especially since it makes Scofield look a lot stronger than he ought to look coming from that match. We definitely would've had an angle going if I didn't get deep into the TV title tournament.

Raze - I like the length of your RP. I think a lot of people put too much effort into making their promos last super long but I tend to lose interest in hearing a character speak more than a few paragraphs. Your promo was short and got the point of hinting at your backstory.

I kind of skipped over the bombshells match. I started it, and without any entrances I had no idea who was who. Even if the characters are related to a story somehow, I had no idea who they were.

Hollywood - Doing your thing. Always entertaining to see your promos. You definitely make it easy to hate your character.

Glad to see the hardcore title seems to be landing on Ambition. Is there some sort of 24/7 rule like there used to be back in the day in WWE? I think that would make for some interesting backstage action that could pop up on any show.

Tobin - I actually really like reading your story. I'm looking forward to The Clash to see where it goes. The idea of you trying to turn into a powerhouse but consistently failing at it is really entertaining. I'm hoping you can clinch a win at Clash and begin your climb upwards, or take a loss and become Ambition's #1 Jobber. Either way I'm loving it.

Achilles Locke (Cody, right?) - You should really just change your name to Achilles. Make your finisher called Achilles' Locke or something. It just seems weird that your name is "Achilles Locke". As a big fan of Achilles and all Ancient Greek stories, I'm rooting for you to do justice to Achilles' name.

As for the main event, despite being in it, I have to just throw some praise out there for the way the match ended. I loved it. Hollywood hits his finisher, the pin is broken. Hollywood immediately hits his finisher again, kickout. Hollywood hits his finisher AGAIN and that lands the pinfall. After being mostly dominated the entire match, those three finishers came out of nowhere and saved our asses. I thought it was a really cool ending.

Overall I thought it was a great, entertaining episode of Ambition. Definitely sets the stage for some of the matches at The Clash and I can't wait to see how that turned out.

• Mark Out! 9

I really enjoyed this weeks Ambition. Like Scofield I think the promo from Knoxx was excellent and picked the perfect week for it's placement because it went along way to make Scofield look strong and dangerous heading into the PPV. The Knoxx vs Marley was a decent match with a lot of energy. I know Knoxx is a alt but I really him and wish we seen more of him and maybe a good run in the ex division. We need more Bombshell matches on Ambition complete with entrances each week but even without entrances it was still a entertaining match. OCW's working man Chris Moore I think looks better every time I see him fight improvement shows. I love Achilles theme. Chris Moore's new look isn't bad but it's still missing a little something if he can do a little more with it then it can be a real good look for him. If Tobin Frost got a chance to use all those finishers he was stealing the outcome of his match with Mugen could have been very different. I love Frost's character and from his match last week with Scofield I think he has a ton of potential. I really wish we could have seen Raze vs. Steven's but that was out of anyone's control. I love seeing a new rookie like Raze putting in some work with content for the show and i like his brash style but he might want to rack up a few more wins before calling out the champ. I liked learning some background on Achilles good promo. I'm not going to review the Main Event because I don't review my own work I will leave that to everyone else but what I will say about it is from what I saw, Rose got his fangs knocked out! A real good Ambition leading into The Clash.
  • Mark Out! 5

1x OCW Television Champion

I would firstly like to apologise to Andrew the beast, the guy I was supposed to face on Ambition this week. I take full responsibility for that match not happening. Andrew went out of his way messaging me on live but we just could never catch each other online at the same time. Anyway as a vet I should have made more effort in getting this match done as the reason I am on Ambition is to help the new guys. Just the 11 hour time difference made it a bit awkward with my working hours lol. Anyway apologies Andrew and thanks Jookie for helping out last minute.

I really enjoyed Ambition this week and I am not waiting for the second page only because if I do then it's all out my head by the next day and if I get caught up with something then I never get down to doing a review.

I feel like Ambition really is the Hollywood show haha. I loved the RP between Scofield and Hollywood. I love the attitude these guys have and it really is building towards the main event tonight.

Justin Raze, another guy that is starting to make a name for himself. What’s with all these rooks being undefeated? It’s sad to hear about his wife but I am sure it will put a smile on her face if you can really beat that scumbag of a champion xD

The bombshells do look interesting but I agree with Scofield. If we’re going to do them then I really want to see more than just matches. Gimmicks, the sorta character they are really adds a lot. I didn’t watch this match only because it crashed and the videos are taking ages to buffer for me.

Another awesome Hollywood RP. I really liked it, bit disgusting but still what I like about you is you switch it up all the time. You’re really going to go far in OCW. Great stuff.

Chris Moore vs Achilles was really one sided. I felt really bad for Moore. I would like to see a bit more from you Moore in terms of written work. I would just like to know more about Chris Moore and what he can bring to OCW. I know them sort of matches can be disheartening but you can always play on it and just get more practice by doing dm’s.

Another Michael Hollywood RP. Just when I thought you done enough you just continue to impress me even more. You just step it up more and more. Another great RP.

Mugen vs Tobin was alright. Mugen you are really decent at the game and glad you’re stepping it up now too. I am not keen on the attire only because it looks really basic. I would like to see you start looking like a winner. I did notice at one point in the match you did rush Tobin after he just got up. Try not to do that in future as always nice to back off when your opponent is just getting up after already receiving a move. Tobin Frost also impresses me. I even like the theme song more now and it’s stuck in my head at this moment in time.

Mugen accepted Pugh’s challenge. Look forward to see how that plays out next week.

I heard what happened about the next match and I think that is a really dick move to do by the recorder. I know you’re not on great terms with folks here but the least you could do is have uploaded the match to help the new generation out. If any of you are struggling for a recorder I don’t mind helping. All though my editing program is a load of shite atm and really need to try and get Sony Vegas this week.

Justin Raze is also stepping it up atm. I am going tbh I am not a fan of post match results right after matches. In this case its fine as the recorder will never probably upload it for you.

It looks like Tobin frost is that frustrated that he is starting to talk to himself. Another good rp and I am really like all the guys that have been stepping it up this week. Great job really.

Now Achilles tells us about himself. So far he is an ass kicker we know that.

Main event time. Kindred are not a team to be taken likely but I never expected Hollywood and Scofield to put up the fight they did and the ending was really awesome. I am officially a Michael Hollywood mark I really am. I think the ending was perfect and Hollywood not tagging in Scofield really showed.

The ending RP was a great way to end the show going into the Clash. I am really looking forward to Hollywood vs Scofield and so glad it’s you guys that are in the finals of this tournament.

On a final note this had to be one fo the best Ambitions we have had in a long time. People are really stepping it up now. I would still like to see a few others do a bit more but to those that did this week. Great job.

• Mark Out! 4

Evan Knox: Knox shows up again after Scofield cleaned his clock a few weeks back. I understand you have to show up or let someone know why you can't, but does Blood really need to be this big of a dick head? And Knox is up next.... cleaning Jookie's clock too. The match had some back and forth but it looks like three days wasn't enough down time for Jook to heal up after that beating from Dimsmore. A good win for Knox for sure.

I can't believe that this is the RP that we got out of Scofield and Hollywood! They respect each other? PHOOEY! Hollywood is a dirtbag, how can you respect that?! It was well written phooey, but it was phooey none the less damn it (my 4 year old self has never been so proud of anything I've written before xD).

Justin Raze: It's good to see some production from this man, especially if he thinks three wins are going to carry him to a title match. It takes a little bit more than that around here sir, but that little bit more is effort, so if you keep going at this pace I could see it happening sooner rather than later. The one thing I want to say though is this: "The OCW TV Title Championship" Really Justin? REALLY?! xD.

Certainly Scofield can't respect someone who forces a woman to clean that shit up (hahah, pun intended xD). I like the character relationship between Hollywood and Grace, but I hope you can find something to do with it since Aiden has gone A-Wol. Put the American cinema touch on it and turn it into a romance, beauty and the beast style xD.

Mugen: Mugen, you once told me that you didn't need pyro because you're guy just "went to the ring and beat up his opponent. He doesn't need that flashy stuff" WHAT IS WITH THE 30 MINUTE ENTRANCE THEN JACKASS?! You played this more lax, like a DM. Like Knox said, you have to quit the rushing a bit, especially on Ambition where you're only setting a bad example for the rooks. I'm also disappointed that you're the challenger for the Hardcore Championship. I don't blame you for jumping at a title shot when there's one open, but I was really hoping to see a rookie rise up and take Pugh on, on their home turf.

Tobin Frost: You did a fantastic job reversing finishers, extremely clutch. I also loved the RP, everyone can understand frustration and where that's coming from. I'm very much looking forward to seeing your piece at The Clash.

The Main event was pretty good, Scofield was clutch reversing Crowe's finishers, but Scofield you have to remember not to hit a finisher until an opponent is showing signs of damage. I saw that Crowe reversed one on you. Also, Hollywood, I know it was a little bit of a gray area as far as reverse hovering goes, but that second finisher you hit, when Rose came in and broke the pin on the first one, you got up first and walked up to Crowe who was still getting up and immediately laid him out again. I'd take a step back next time that happens instead of going right into finisher #2.

The win looked great for both of these guys going into their title match at the PPV. The following role play looked better, the epic stare down conclusions before big matches are always winners.

• Mark Out! 2