Valkyrie is 100% correct on the naming thing. My only problem with the premise is that Terra did the same thing 3 weeks ago, so diminishing returns kinda thing.

The same thing with naming the video a certain way was on my "KD Speaks" video. It's meant to be disingenuous because otherwise it'd lose the intended effect.

I also feel on the KD promo that some may have been lost as to what I did. We have a lot of new people too. Colin mentioned he enjoyed the IRL promo I did, but for the record, I don't want the intent to be lost.

KD's vertical video promos are legendary and have been some of my favorite stuff in OCW. It's a trope of his to run people down in close-up, vertical video promos and as soon as he won that FFW I knew I had to parody it.

I'm a smarmy asshole, so there's your OCW history lesson for the day.

Also, Spoiler Alert: I'm going to kick KDs fucking ass at Consequence.

• Mark Out! 9

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like Tyson’s shirt haha made me pop for the throwback

I used the KISS Method 1000% Kept it simple. Harvey will have Tyson’s gear imported straight outta valhalla next time you see him. That’s what friends do!

• Mark Out! 1

I'M THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE!

200.gif#6

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

Valkyrie is 100% correct on the naming thing. My only problem with the premise is that Terra did the same thing 3 weeks ago, so diminishing returns kinda thing.

The same thing with naming the video a certain way was on my "KD Speaks" video. It's meant to be disingenuous because otherwise it'd lose the intended effect.

I also feel on the KD promo that some may have been lost as to what I did. We have a lot of new people too. Colin mentioned he enjoyed the IRL promo I did, but for the record, I don't want the intent to be lost.

KD's vertical video promos are legendary and have been some of my favorite stuff in OCW. It's a trope of his to run people down in close-up, vertical video promos and as soon as he won that FFW I knew I had to parody it.

Exactly, I Clicked on it, and saw some Fabio locks and went this motherfucker.

• Mark Out! 2

• Administrators

Kelvin gonna beat up a white boi and im here for it!

• Mark Out! 1
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

As for the Maxx video, allow me to go off on video promos as a whole for a sec. I generally dislike powerpoint presentation promos for a bunch of reasons. I have always felt that videos should be done when you are doing something that would be less impactful if done with words (like a fight scene or something so elaborate that it makes sense for it to be a video). That is why I am not a huge fan of promos in which you get a still render cut and text slapped on the side of the screen. What does that add compared to reading it in the webshow? You need to add something unique to it to really make it stand out, like Maxx did with the Archer series and the shows. However after months, I've come to terms with the fact that OCW as a whole has changed from how it was back in 2018 and now with VPs, one show per week and Twitch streams the video portion of it it's more prevalent as it should be. Now, speaking of standards, I will say that the way Maxx does these videos it's the golden standard for everyone. They are fun to watch, high effort (!), there are animations that make them less stale and overall they are just a joy to watch. So going forward people should be using his videos as reference and try to reach this standard.

Firstly, Caine redid the link cause people were not aware it was Select All That Apply so you probably have to find that on Discord.

Second, whenever I make videos, I always try to do something that wouldn't have the same impact in text. With video, I always try to fill the scene with small details that would be lost in text and most importantly, I try not to neglect audio. I do see your point on the powerpoint style vid segments, and I think if you are to do that, you do have to go above and beyond to make the vid atypical. A good example of that is the Cort in Court vid as it had a lot of characters and played around really well with the environment while also paying attention to sound.

• Mark Out! 2

"The Superstar" Maxx EdwardsKass_event_badge_2020.png

The reason Fraser/Derek was not before the opening match is because I wasn't gonna try and front load the show. Since y'know Jay and Nate just told us not to do that lmao.

Parker being in the tag match was also my biggest complaint probably with the entire show in regard to matches. It makes absolutely ZERO sense on why Parker should be in this match especially considering that TWC REALLY needed a win in my eyes for them to kinda solidify that they "deserved" the title shot Dupree gave them. Parker just had probably the match of his career with Kass and is full confidence leading into Consequence and to see him just honestly not only get pummelled but also PINNED in that match nah chief. That shit is absolutely ROUGH in my eyes. Then obviously cause they lost you sorta throw this wrench into the mix like oh okay well TWC just lost at Lution, they now just lost on Riot, and they're getting a title shot? I don't know it just doesn't work for me and I would've rather just avoided that entire scenario/match. Also, I don't want it to be perceived that I'm just shitting on Parker cause I'm so happy to see him get his opportunity but from a wrestling standpoint nah man wasn't it.

Now onto Tony v. Carter, which yet again. I disliked because something I never really liked personally is Champion v. Champion matches very often. Now I'm not saying all of them are bad but why are we putting Carter and Tony together again? We've seen this match twice, and it was two dominant victories by Tony so this was kinda pointless. Sure they touched up on Carter doing that shit to Doc but yet again was it really worth it? You just had the newly crowned CCW Champion who JUST beat B17 the most unstoppable person in modern OCW history (don't fucking @ me.) yet he just lost to Carter. Sure sheaniangans aside and all that it was masked very well but from a 4th wall break/viewer standpoint I've never really liked seeing those sorts of matches. The only champ v. champ matches I can get down with is Midcard v. Midcard/World v. World not Mid v. World cause it may be a reach but now shouldn't Carter essentially be near the front of the line? He just beat the champ. *shrug*

The Maxx vid promo was probably the video of the night for most people. Maxx just continues to do what he does in the video department which is why he is one of the core four that continuously drops hot fire videos.

Yet again I'm about to nag. It's been said but bro what the fuck was Tre v. Telos? There is honestly no excuse for any of this. Communication is literally not that hard we all have phones, we all scroll on them at some point in the day so it's like come on bro. The wrong attire, no championship belt, that's too much for me nope checked right outta the match. Even that excuse of saying it's in the showcase nerp doesn't work not for me. You're a champion take your championship to the ring with you. Also, here's an even crazier thought if you're gonna have a consistent set of attires you'll use for TV just record your entrances on Riot/Turmoil so that way you can just send it over to your opp without any mishap. Regardless this was from two dudes who have been here long enough and it's just kinda sad.

• Mark Out! 3

The reason Fraser/Derek was not before the opening match is because I wasn't gonna try and front load the show. Since y'know Jay and Nate just told us not to do that lmao.

Parker being in the tag match was also my biggest complaint probably with the entire show in regard to matches. It makes absolutely ZERO sense on why Parker should be in this match especially considering that TWC REALLY needed a win in my eyes for them to kinda solidify that they "deserved" the title shot Dupree gave them. Parker just had probably the match of his career with Kass and is full confidence leading into Consequence and to see him just honestly not only get pummelled but also PINNED in that match nah chief. That shit is absolutely ROUGH in my eyes. Then obviously cause they lost you sorta throw this wrench into the mix like oh okay well TWC just lost at Lution, they now just lost on Riot, and they're getting a title shot? I don't know it just doesn't work for me and I would've rather just avoided that entire scenario/match. Also, I don't want it to be perceived that I'm just shitting on Parker cause I'm so happy to see him get his opportunity but from a wrestling standpoint nah man wasn't it.

Now onto Tony v. Carter, which yet again. I disliked because something I never really liked personally is Champion v. Champion matches very often. Now I'm not saying all of them are bad but why are we putting Carter and Tony together again? We've seen this match twice, and it was two dominant victories by Tony so this was kinda pointless. Sure they touched up on Carter doing that shit to Doc but yet again was it really worth it? You just had the newly crowned CCW Champion who JUST beat B17 the most unstoppable person in modern OCW history (don't fucking @ me.) yet he just lost to Carter. Sure sheaniangans aside and all that it was masked very well but from a 4th wall break/viewer standpoint I've never really liked seeing those sorts of matches. The only champ v. champ matches I can get down with is Midcard v. Midcard/World v. World not Mid v. World cause it may be a reach but now shouldn't Carter essentially be near the front of the line? He just beat the champ. *shrug*

The Maxx vid promo was probably the video of the night for most people. Maxx just continues to do what he does in the video department which is why he is one of the core four that continuously drops hot fire videos.

Yet again I'm about to nag. It's been said but bro what the fuck was Tre v. Telos? There is honestly no excuse for any of this. Communication is literally not that hard we all have phones, we all scroll on them at some point in the day so it's like come on bro. The wrong attire, no championship belt, that's too much for me nope checked right outta the match. Even that excuse of saying it's in the showcase nerp doesn't work not for me. You're a champion take your championship to the ring with you. Also, here's an even crazier thought if you're gonna have a consistent set of attires you'll use for TV just record your entrances on Riot/Turmoil so that way you can just send it over to your opp without any mishap. Regardless this was from two dudes who have been here long enough and it's just kinda sad.

I change my attire one time and this happens, but basically I had to remake Tre on Xbox quickly, then didn't realize the Int title wasn't on Xbox, so we tried to remake the attire on PS4 but ran out of time, Telos grabbed my entrance from another match, and didn't realize the mistake.

• Mark Out! 1

3 RPs:

Nate coaching Danny Watts and including some fundamentals of wrestling is awesome, it's good to see the legend giving the younger talent a rub. Dominion is building the stars of the future.

P3 kills me, y'all think of everything, going into the future to usurp this man. Rejects are howling. I died laughing. Felt like I was watching an episode of Rick and Morty. Love me some comedy in my variety wrestling show.

Morrison getting squatters rights on Archer's property? He needs to invest in some better security.

2 Videos:

She will save us? Who is she? Awesome editing work on this vignette. I love teasers like this. Looking like another cool CAW coming to the blue brand. I'm loving the retrowave styling on this and I can't wait to see who 'she' is.

Maxx Edwards and Joshua Tucker in another amazing video promo. This was creative as hell and showed off a lot of both guys' character. Maxx freaking out over Tucker big leaguing him speaks a lot to his hurt ego. This is a fun feud between these guys and I look forward to Maxx's videos every week.

1 Match:

Owen looked lost against Jup. I know being in an official match is a whole different animal so Owen definitely looked nervous and just didn't wanna break the rules. This just looks like a spar from a certain standpoint and Owen is definitely not comfortable with FPR. I know he's been working on it thought and I'm really eager to see what he can do with this character once he gets confident in his knowledge of FPR.

• Mark Out! 3
Signature.png