NO FUCK YOU!

The Shepard v Bobby

Constance v Ashley

H20 vs The French

Drago vs Quart

kinda came down to the last second, I was super impressed. Bobby coming close to a W I was hollering THEN WHAM WHIF WHIF WHAM. :(

H20......... And Kass yelling CARSUCO, Carasaka? something french ... :(

Kass’s breath made me miss The Rip Tide. Brush your teeth before you come to ringside vamp.

• Mark Out! 2

I'M THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE!

200.gif#6

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here’s my notes for the Riot 518 Su-su-su-supershow. This show was a lot of fun and the production on it was amazing. So first and foremost, a huge thank you to Jay, Jake and everyone else who put the finishing touches on this show and made it feel special. I don’t expect that this’ll be the quality of production on every one but this was really excellent. My notes aren’t massively in chronological order, as so much went on, but without further ado, let’s get on with it:

Minio makes a kid choke on a hotdog.

God I love Booby’s brand of humour. This was a cracking opening to the show and was a great continuation of him calling out Kass. I’m hoping something comes of this past Devil’s Night once we move on from the No(t around)mad stuff with (fingers crossed) H2O mixed in there if Doc isn’t too preoccupied for the time being. Once again, congratulations mate and I can’t wait to see you back.

Constance Fury vs Ashley Moore

This was an enjoyable match as Ashley seems to be improving every week, and all power to her for taking initiative and getting herself featured every week. What I would say is I’d like to see more from Constance. She was briefly in the Lee/Wrex press conference but other than that as far as I’m aware she’s been in no other RPs. Other than that, this was a solid segment and this was a good showcase of the ever-improving Turmoil women’s division.

Cort Marshall nearly swings a baseball bat at a small European woman.

This was a great continuation of the Cort/Shep feud as per the usual. I thought this really built Cort up to give zero fucks about his own safety and will make for a pretty insane matchup come DN. All of these segments made perfect character sense and were a lot of fun to read. I can’t wait for these two to tear it up at DN which makes me sad that we won’t see blood due to 2K’s online restrictions.

The Riot women will not be outdone!

It has to be said, everyone involved in this Heather/Valk storyline really killed it on this show, with Terra and Alexa Hayes getting themselves into the mix, creating a really interesting dynamic going into, and hopefully beyond, DN. Firstly, Valk answering some of her critics made me chuckle and feel personally attacked in equal measures, but to be fair I thought your reasoning was good and I will gladly accept your forgiveness. That being said, let’s leave it at this Valk: I could definitely beat you in a rap battle. Boom. Anyway, I digress. Secondly, the Heather backstage attack angle was very intriguing coupled with the interactions between her LITERAL DEMON and Alexa, as well as the intrigue surrounding Valk’s state going into DN. Bring on DN, this go-home angle was great. Finally, it was nice to see Jett Draven back with a cameo appearance even if it made no sense at all, or maybe it did idk. Either way, I hope this is his returning for good and he doesn’t disappear into the shadows again.

Wrex calls #Austin Lee a rust bucket.

I thought this press conference was a lot of fun and played well into the whole #Retired Lee thing going on as it would’ve been easy to overlook the fact that he had to retire due to medical issues. I assume that this will become a factor as the DN card has Aries and Loki v Scumciety but this was probably my favourite segment from this feud so far.

#Drago4GM (maybe).

I have to say I popped pretty hard for the ‘I not best in the world’ line. That’s pretty much it for this segment, just solid Drago and Quartz work as always. More on the match itself to come!

Capo steals the show.

This segment really reminded me how good Capo can be as a writer. I have to say, it was a pretty rocky start to the season for him, but man was this a return to form or what. The written voice you put across here was great and contrasted really well with Jehst and Elsa’s calmness, and brought together this RP really well. Plus, I enjoyed the added tidbit of continuing to build Jehst v Archer, so altogether this was a really nice bit of character progression for you both as Capo continues to find his feet again in OCW. This was awesome.

Damian Bourne vs Wrex

You can tell Bourne has improved a lot in his matches over the course of this season. Now, I think there’s an opportunity for you and Mistico to get some shit done in the Turmoil tag division considering how thin it is at the top for the moment. For you two, I think consistently writing and developing your characters will be the key to allowing you to step up (funny that), as your two’s ability on the sticks isn’t really the question. I’d say for you the question is your attitude towards taking advice and criticism, and simply getting featured every week, which you two are in pretty unique situations with Bourne getting matches almost every week and Mistico’s winning streak. No-one wants you to fail, just get on the pen more and you’ll be fine.

H2O vs Rust Cohle

I thought Kass here on commentary was a really nice touch, but I was hoping for him to be involved more particularly towards the end of the match. Sad not to see H2O continue his momentum going into DN, and if I had to pick holes in this one I would’ve had some kind of altercation between Kass and H2O at the end of this match as a kind of final confrontation, but other than that this match was entertaining and my god is Rust’s new finish dangerous.

Bobby Minio vs Shepherd

Really dig the new Shep look; new hair, new gear, new music, new everything. Thought he looked like an absolute killer which is exactly what I was hoping for and that’s pretty much it for this match. Booby’s theme is still a tune and I was sad to not see him continue his winning streak. Now I’m done.

THE SKY IS FALLING

Thank the heavens we saw a Turmoil rookie RP that wasn’t from Ashley Moore or Capo on this show. Benji, I thought your writing voice came across well but I think you might find it tough writing more serious stuff in that kind of ton. Obviously, that can be refined but it was good to see you represent yourself on this show and we learned something new about you; Benji has what I want to say is a Jamaican accent? Correct me if I’m wrong but still, it’s character development. Please, for the love of God stay consistent with this. Right now it feels like every turmoil rookie (excluding Ashley and Capo) is taking turns writing or producing one RP per show between them. Everyone needs to chip in otherwise shit stagnates, which was one of these here’s another reminder for you lot to START PRODUCING CONTENT. Consistently. Please.

Main Event: Commentary tings, my guy.

Okay, so this match was excellent and didn’t drag at all for a 15 minute ish match. Quartz proved he could hang with the best and even though he came out with an L, I don’t think he has anything to be ashamed of. This was a really nice end to an overall very exceptional show.

That being said, I think one of the main reasons that this match didn’t seem to drag was because of the commentary provided by Yake. And while yes, the mic quality wasn’t perfect (no fault of your own), if this was your first time having a go at commentary, especially on your own, this was pretty damn good. I think having actual play-by-play commentary rather than the very entertaining ramblings of Jay lived up to the ‘SUPER IMMERSION’ tag a lot better than I expected it to. Kudos to Jake, really nice work from you, and if this is how DN is going to be presented, my god you lot are really spoiling us with the work you put in.

This was a really fantastic show from top to bottom, to be honest my only gripes with it were that Nomad didn’t turn up again, and maybe there could’ve been something in there to build the CCW Title match. Overall though, from the thumbnails, to the commentary, to the RPs, to the matches themselves, this is a show which really emphasised the amount of work we put in as the OCDub lads (and lady), and was a show full of highlights.

My Grade: 9.5/10

• Mark Out! 11

My first reaction to seeing the prematch screens was, hey spoiling my look! But then I was like hey that's pretty cool.

Haven't had to write out a backstage fight like that since I had to do one to write off the A-Team a few years ago.

Cheers for that man hanging with Drago, that beat Drago club is exclusive for a reason.

Wouldn't be surprised if H2O were to turn things around on Sunday in a big way. Just the nature of the matchup. Looking forward to it none the less. Whoever comes out of it though just know that the man who was doing Suplex City before Bork will be waiting.

• Mark Out! 4

May 29 2005 - Oct 6 2010

http://pa1.narvii.com/5780/91ef0de6a027ca1a92034d962b30e38ba2f977ef_hq.gif

Mr. 1 in 365?

• Administrators
Here’s my notes for the Riot 518 Su-su-su-supershow. This show was a lot of fun and the production on it was amazing. So first and foremost, a huge thank you to Jay, Jake and everyone else who put the finishing touches on this show and made it feel special. I don’t expect that this’ll be the quality of production on every one but this was really excellent. My notes aren’t massively in chronological order, as so much went on, but without further ado, let’s get on with it:

Minio makes a kid choke on a hotdog.

God I love Booby’s brand of humour. This was a cracking opening to the show and was a great continuation of him calling out Kass. I’m hoping something comes of this past Devil’s Night once we move on from the No(t around)mad stuff with (fingers crossed) H2O mixed in there if Doc isn’t too preoccupied for the time being. Once again, congratulations mate and I can’t wait to see you back.

Constance Fury vs Ashley Moore

This was an enjoyable match as Ashley seems to be improving every week, and all power to her for taking initiative and getting herself featured every week. What I would say is I’d like to see more from Constance. She was briefly in the Lee/Wrex press conference but other than that as far as I’m aware she’s been in no other RPs. Other than that, this was a solid segment and this was a good showcase of the ever-improving Turmoil women’s division.

Cort Marshall nearly swings a baseball bat at a small European woman.

This was a great continuation of the Cort/Shep feud as per the usual. I thought this really built Cort up to give zero fucks about his own safety and will make for a pretty insane matchup come DN. All of these segments made perfect character sense and were a lot of fun to read. I can’t wait for these two to tear it up at DN which makes me sad that we won’t see blood due to 2K’s online restrictions.

The Riot women will not be outdone!

It has to be said, everyone involved in this Heather/Valk storyline really killed it on this show, with Terra and Alexa Hayes getting themselves into the mix, creating a really interesting dynamic going into, and hopefully beyond, DN. Firstly, Valk answering some of her critics made me chuckle and feel personally attacked in equal measures, but to be fair I thought your reasoning was good and I will gladly accept your forgiveness. That being said, let’s leave it at this Valk: I could definitely beat you in a rap battle. Boom. Anyway, I digress. Secondly, the Heather backstage attack angle was very intriguing coupled with the interactions between her LITERAL DEMON and Alexa, as well as the intrigue surrounding Valk’s state going into DN. Bring on DN, this go-home angle was great. Finally, it was nice to see Jett Draven back with a cameo appearance even if it made no sense at all, or maybe it did idk. Either way, I hope this is his returning for good and he doesn’t disappear into the shadows again.

Wrex calls #Austin Lee a rust bucket.

I thought this press conference was a lot of fun and played well into the whole #Retired Lee thing going on as it would’ve been easy to overlook the fact that he had to retire due to medical issues. I assume that this will become a factor as the DN card has Aries and Loki v Scumciety but this was probably my favourite segment from this feud so far.

#Drago4GM (maybe).

I have to say I popped pretty hard for the ‘I not best in the world’ line. That’s pretty much it for this segment, just solid Drago and Quartz work as always. More on the match itself to come!

Capo steals the show.

This segment really reminded me how good Capo can be as a writer. I have to say, it was a pretty rocky start to the season for him, but man was this a return to form or what. The written voice you put across here was great and contrasted really well with Jehst and Elsa’s calmness, and brought together this RP really well. Plus, I enjoyed the added tidbit of continuing to build Jehst v Archer, so altogether this was a really nice bit of character progression for you both as Capo continues to find his feet again in OCW. This was awesome.

Damian Bourne vs Wrex

You can tell Bourne has improved a lot in his matches over the course of this season. Now, I think there’s an opportunity for you and Mistico to get some shit done in the Turmoil tag division considering how thin it is at the top for the moment. For you two, I think consistently writing and developing your characters will be the key to allowing you to step up (funny that), as your two’s ability on the sticks isn’t really the question. I’d say for you the question is your attitude towards taking advice and criticism, and simply getting featured every week, which you two are in pretty unique situations with Bourne getting matches almost every week and Mistico’s winning streak. No-one wants you to fail, just get on the pen more and you’ll be fine.

H2O vs Rust Cohle

I thought Kass here on commentary was a really nice touch, but I was hoping for him to be involved more particularly towards the end of the match. Sad not to see H2O continue his momentum going into DN, and if I had to pick holes in this one I would’ve had some kind of altercation between Kass and H2O at the end of this match as a kind of final confrontation, but other than that this match was entertaining and my god is Rust’s new finish dangerous.

Bobby Minio vs Shepherd

Really dig the new Shep look; new hair, new gear, new music, new everything. Thought he looked like an absolute killer which is exactly what I was hoping for and that’s pretty much it for this match. Booby’s theme is still a tune and I was sad to not see him continue his winning streak. Now I’m done.

THE SKY IS FALLING

Thank the heavens we saw a Turmoil rookie RP that wasn’t from Ashley Moore or Capo on this show. Benji, I thought your writing voice came across well but I think you might find it tough writing more serious stuff in that kind of ton. Obviously, that can be refined but it was good to see you represent yourself on this show and we learned something new about you; Benji has what I want to say is a Jamaican accent? Correct me if I’m wrong but still, it’s character development. Please, for the love of God stay consistent with this. Right now it feels like every turmoil rookie (excluding Ashley and Capo) is taking turns writing or producing one RP per show between them. Everyone needs to chip in otherwise shit stagnates, which was one of these here’s another reminder for you lot to START PRODUCING CONTENT. Consistently. Please.

Main Event: Commentary tings, my guy.

Okay, so this match was excellent and didn’t drag at all for a 15 minute ish match. Quartz proved he could hang with the best and even though he came out with an L, I don’t think he has anything to be ashamed of. This was a really nice end to an overall very exceptional show.

That being said, I think one of the main reasons that this match didn’t seem to drag was because of the commentary provided by Yake. And while yes, the mic quality wasn’t perfect (no fault of your own), if this was your first time having a go at commentary, especially on your own, this was pretty damn good. I think having actual play-by-play commentary rather than the very entertaining ramblings of Jay lived up to the ‘SUPER IMMERSION’ tag a lot better than I expected it to. Kudos to Jake, really nice work from you, and if this is how DN is going to be presented, my god you lot are really spoiling us with the work you put in.

This was a really fantastic show from top to bottom, to be honest my only gripes with it were that Nomad didn’t turn up again, and maybe there could’ve been something in there to build the CCW Title match. Overall though, from the thumbnails, to the commentary, to the RPs, to the matches themselves, this is a show which really emphasised the amount of work we put in as the OCDub lads (and lady), and was a show full of highlights.

My Grade: 9.5/10

ILU Doc,

u 2 Yake

• Mark Out! 5
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

I’m loving the reviews everyone. I’m glad to be back too, Doc! (Still weird calling someone else Doc, lol). I’m back doing my normal duties that helped me succeed last yr. I’ll do my best to pick it up.

Fury defeating Ashley Moore was sort of predictable. Ashley should’ve never under estimated her opponent.

Bobby vs. Shep reminded me of the LHW Championship Tournament all over again from last yr! From start to finish it was lit. Mix in some MJF and we possibly have a four way for The Pride Championship perhaps?

Q vs Drago I honestly thought was gonna be a flawless victory for Drago. But Quartz held his own and almost won b! Commentary gave it more of a televised show. Hats off bro. Good work on that.

Bobby’s rps should be scripted for movie screening

Working with Valkyrie reminded me of the time when I worked with Bobby last season. Super hard worker, always thinking ahead and open minded which created so many angles for our rivalry. She literally made me step up my rp game. Thanks Valk!

Cort is a bit angrier than I last dealt with him. Must be that cold dry canadian air. I feel ya bro from one canadian to anoth...nevermind!

TTT sickens me to the point where i wanna punch my computer screen reading their rps

Wrex my fellow classman on turmoil never disappoints me

Archer’s facemask made that famouser damage much worse than it already is. B-17 GET UP!!!! (I kept shouting)

Good work everyone else i didnt mention.

Shout out to Jay for putting in that work!

That is all

• Mark Out! 6

I'M THE PAST THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE!

200.gif#6

http://ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

Mugen's 12 Pack

- Boob the beast at writing per usual. Good job keeping C4 alive.

- Fury vs Moore is nice and easy match although the music made me want to mosh.

- I'm not letting Molly near Heather, Furiosa and Alexa

- I think Rust Sensation is better than normal Sensation

- I pictured the Quartz and Drago RP almost like Jim and Dwight from The Office. I dig it.

- Capo putting in some solid work with this one. Let's see where this one goes.

- Just noticed the thumbnail, it looks slick. More YT optimized. Wrex, we will see each other one day and show you safety.

- Harvey.....Harvey......Harvey......

- Shep is on fire, Cort is in for a world of trouble if Shep can show out like this again. Sorry Boob.

- That's one expensive Off White hoodie that just got splattered on the car.

- Code sneaking one out, Bingo you are still a weirdo <3

- Might we have some new blood for the Magic Empire commentary team? Still might be best to get Yake a counterpart in the booth. Quartz once again proving that he can go toe to toe with the top, but not able to finish it ;)

• Mark Out! 7

tumblr_n9h68biT9D1ti6gxco2_r1_500.gif

5S39P7A.png

Hall of Fame - Class of 2017