Riot 05-04-11

Cash Creed

Dane Xavier Review: Quick and dirty.

KD is angry... ABM #1 as they call him. Unhappy about the status quo, wants a rematch for the TV title. He gets a chance for it if he can beat Ryder tonight, so he needs to save his energy for that, and stop having the Greatest Freak Out Ever 13. Personally though, I think he needs to focus on his match with Jookie this Sunday at Wrestlution. I think he's being more dramatic than Geraldo Rivera, but this is a nice RP to warm the show up.

Cody Storm is in the ring sitting on top of a ladder, and hopes to do the same thing at Lution, I think he will. I like the promo, it's short and sweet and to the point, but I especially like that he did his own voice over for the bit. It made it easier on the eyes and I was able to look at the man's face instead of trying to read the text. I'd do this myself, but I don't have the voice that matches the character. It works in this case for Mr. Storm, I just wish he'd be more upbeat about it. Good work Mr. Storm.

Ryder comes in with a nice RP as usual, he's one of the best wordsmiths in OCW. I didn't like the idea of him facing refs at first, but the idea has grown on me, especially for how much I hate Kumar for always getting in the damn way! He's doing a good job of hyping this match and I like that he's doing his own thing, give him some room to breathe and this is a much different storyline than what we're used to. Keep it up Ryder, everyone's looking forward to seeing you whoop down on some zebras.

Another RP, this time by David Jackson. He seems to feel very negatively about his match at Lution and his match against Jookie later on, he almost seems depressed. Maybe he misses his old crew mate Chris Baxter, he seems awfully lonely. This makes me very interested in what he's going to do at Lution and makes the EX title match very interesting. Keep an eye out for captain clowny.

KD vs. Ryder: This match was back and forth the whole way, and this loss for KD doesn't look good for him getting a rematch at the TV title. He needs to focus on Jookie anyways, and gun for a higher tier title, like maybe trying to get the NA title back in place since no one else really has the room to do so (blatant hint there KD, DO SOMETHING WITH THAT!). Looking forward to see what beastly hell he will unleash on the Rastafariiiiiii Jookie Marlayyyyy!

Smythe is da rappa you don't wanna fuxxx wit! Hyping up his Lution match with the CEO Jaysin C. Sensation. He seems very confident going into the big match as he doesn't have anything to lose, except for his dignity if he can't get the job done. Great RP, making that match look mighty enticing!

Later on after my golden awesomeness, Smythe continues his politicking as he visits with OCW resident EX tag team, Precious Metal. Rox seems to like the idea of Smythe taking control, and the nice little gift that Smythe provided didn't hurt. This RP was the icing on the cake to this feud, Smythe is doing a great job of showing his pride and confidence, but I've got a feeling that Jay has a trick up his sleeve!

D.Jones vs. Mr. Storm: Great match, these two match up well. Storm seems to be on a roll as he takes the victory and keeps the momentum going his way. Perhaps the momentum will be enough to propel him up the ladder and become the Future Investment winner, I'm rooting for you kid!

Jookie vs. DJack: EX division matchup! both men have a chance to get a leg up before their respective matches at Lution. Creed does a good job of matching guys up as this is another one of those matches that are just too sweet! I like KD coming out to do commentary but I wish there was more written commentary during the match with KD hyping his Lution match. KD gets sick of watching this match, don't know why as this is a great match, maybe he's just uber ABM at the moment. He jumps in the ring and hits a vicious spear on Jookie! Jookie fights his way back though and hits the Rasta Cutter! He's ready to take it to KD, a clear underdog for the match up but he's making himself look like the comeback kid! KD, I don't think you realize the potential awesomeness of your match with Jookie, the feud has been great!

Contract Signing: Jay is speaking from the heart tonight! This situation with Smythe has brought the RAGE back out of him as Smythe continues to try to get in Jay's head. He's talking so much shit, then Jay just SNAPS! Sensational Kick! Will we see this on Sunday? I'm looking forward to this match, because I KNOW Jay HAS to have a trick up his sleeve! I can just sense it! Hell of a send home for these two going into Lution, I'm pumped!

MIA: Trevor and Parker are nowhere to be found this week, RP-wise. I spoke with Parker and he's just completely disheartened by the way the servers have been acting, but I feel like I'm carrying the title match on my shoulders. It ain't too difficult though as I feel as I've done a good job building things with Mayhem and I know that people are buzzing about a confrontation between the two of us.

Le'Tuce and Crowe have also been MIA and haven't been doing a whole lot to build the Future Investment match. Would have loved to have seen them involved in some way as it seems Storm and Jones are carrying that match as well.

I would have absolutely LOVED to see Dupree and Matsuda appear to hype their match. I also wanted to see something from the Ambition Rush guys too, and most importantly the 'Smores who are fighting for the Ambition Championship (that would have been so easy to work into Riot!)

No Leon, no Pato... No Royce, no Fausto... I can kinda understand it, hope there's more to come on Ambition, I know there will be.

All in all, the people that did do something on the show did a great job of building their stuff. OCW has so much talent, and I can't wait to see that talent put to the ultimate test at WRESTLUTION!

WRESTLUTION'S JUST A FEW DAYS AWAY! LET'S GOOOOOOO!

• Mark Out! 1

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/jlethridge1/DaneCard.jpg

http://wrestlinglol.com/photos/14n34sp.gif