Turmoil 206

Nate Ortiz

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to see Doc Young RPing for the first time, even though it happened on a very "light" episode (basically one rp per page, if we think that T200 was almost an epic poem... well, it's summer lull after all).

Anyway, it's a good start, you should definitely keep going. Maybe you could record a match against a CPU jobber just to show off your move-set and then submit it to Riot. Could be a good way to hype up your debut

On a lighter note...

The camera fades back to the announcer team...

giphy.gif

signature.png

Seeing the rookies putting this much enthusiasm into their RPs warms my heart. Sounds cliché, but real talk.

First match back with Ace: I'm not a kickout machine so I praise Dende for that. The fact that Riley kept running to me after a stomp reversal threw me off. Guess I should stop being nice. The sound effects I added just cause I thought it was funny, no other reason really. That first finisher set-up, I admit I choked hard because I'm still fishy on how to set up rope finishers. I'm glad CJ was my first match back, even though it was with the WOMENZ. I hope she gets booked more, but we'll see.

Is it too much to ask for Flojo and Valk to form an alliance? The Wholesome Valks? Flight of the Lotus? Anything? They both warm my heart so...fine...

I dig Cozz's look, and having another black bruva is always nice. (plus it's nice seeing someone use the Booker T entrance). Good match.

Just a nit-pick, but the smoke in Damian's entrance doesn't really fit in my opinion. The fact that the match ended in a regular sub kinda bothers me, but not enough to ruin the match.

Kelsie feels lonely not being invited to these WOMENZ backstage ups, but hey, she has me. That's all she ever needs.

If Code and Wrex end up in a Team Hell No esque relationship, this is Feud of the Year.

I dig Tyler's mask. Hijo's entrance doesn't really fit his theme and character imo. I love it when the rookies go all out, unlike your typical Dragon Ball Super fight.

I may develop a fear for rabbits.

Poor Kelsie.

CJ put up a good fight, probably a better fight than I could put up against Austin. But now that Austin is done pounding you to bits, it's my turn.

Solid show.

• Mark Out! 3
"It's like the number zero...It's empty, but at the same time it holds infinite possibilities." - Igor

RUDO’s TESTICULARLY TANTALISING TURMOIL TAKEDOWN:

*Jehst would like to advise readers that the opinions herein within RUDO’s TESTICULARLY TANTALISING TURMOIL TAKEDOWN are that of his own and do not reflect the views and opinions of OCW. Feel free to tell me to SMDFTB and give your take on things.

+ Jehst/Elsa RP: MINE so I’ll let others comment.

MATCH:

Riley Quinn vs. Ace

I really like Ace’s aesthetic with the entrance/attire/attitude; I think Turmoil needed a bit of a serious shake up, and Bray/Ace as well as Scumciety have offered an extra injection of it. The sequence at 4.13 was fun to watch, with Quinn getting thrown around. Very evenly matched players it would seem. Ace’s kick out of the spin kick finish was clutch. Riley pulling out the high risk elbow from the top to the outside, just as unsafe as her brother it seems! The overdubs were annoying, although the first “I can’t believe you’ve done this” I did chuckle at. Ace locking in the sub fin for the win.

+ B-17/Valk RP – Valk is enticed by B-17’s flailing phallus and goes to tell him a bed time story. She is now a member of the B-Community? B’s already got Jackman rocking his merch, now Valk’s going out into the world repping it to. Some interesting little mythology tid-bits in there; all told while B-17 remains naked? Valk is not phased by genitalia.

+ So Mistico is friends with Damian Bourne? So he’s now a ‘massive heel’ by proxy then right? I thought Mistico was supposed to be a face, maybe that’s all changed. And a tag team between those two? Why not? Could probably do with less references to other feds too; this is OCW baybay.

MATCH:

Cozz vs. Nick Bates

I like Cozz’ new attire, it’s awesome. I still don’t know what Nick Bates is gimmick-wise. The attire (especially entrance) is a bit ambiguous and haven’t seen not one RP from the character. Man, Bates took like 4000 Half n Half suplexes. Pretty evenly matched fight, heaps of counter for counter sequences. Wait, did Bates just dab? American Hip-Hop Boxer? Gooch, what the hell is his gimmick?! That piledriver off the apron was brutal. Then Cozz drops Bates on the opposite apron! Clutch kick out by Cozz! Unable to escape the second though. If he’s a boxer shouldn’t he have a punch combo or something as a finish? Or was that move the ‘Hip-Hop Drop’?

+ Good to see a new member putting in work even when they haven’t been booked yet. I can tell you have had experience with e-feds before so I’m curious to see the CAW in action. Keep it up.

MATCH:

Cody Cole vs. CPT Alex

Just a thought, Damian, but a different hairstyle could make you break away from the straight Cody Rhodes look, and perhaps some facial hair or something to mask the face import. And the music... I, personally, appreciate originality when it comes to OCW content so I couldn’t get down with that; I’d suggest changing that too; I'm sure there's plenty of royalty free music that would suit. Attire is cool though, dig it.

Match itself was decent but I was not a fan of the desperation/thirsty sub finish. Not illegal by any means, just seems like a cop-out. To me, IMO (ie. feel free to tell me to ‘SMDFTB’ if you don’t agree) a sub should only be used to finish a match as a sig or fin, not a regular move. You never saw Triple H lock in a kimura, or Kurt Angle win via any sub other than the ankle lock (as far as I can remember, for the most part). I did like the arrogant, cock chopping degenerate attitude though, not many on Turmoil that do that sort of thing; I could get behind that gimmick of “No Fucks Given”.

+ Valk is cleared!!! And now she’s wanting to take on both members of ShowBlitz? You cray, gurl. But respect for putting forward the challenge, Little Bubba. Cheryl and Riley are still the ‘mean girls’ of the roster for sure. Bullies always get their own back, though.

+ Jackman has grown in both stench and delusion over his time in the box; he thinks Wrex is his friend? Potential Summercide match-up if Code Terror win the belts at Savage Lands. “Battle of the Bearded One’s”.

MATCH:

Mistico vs. Tyler Steel

Tyler Steel new mask for entrance is pretty sweet. And Mistico wearing a football jersey is pretty relevant to the world cup goings on. Taunting at the start of the match not a great idea for reasons Mistico was more than happy to demonstrate haha. Mistico taunt with the mist was kinda random, but if a heel turn is imminent then hey. Mistico looked like he was going to maintain a healthy lead until Steel started to catch up around the 9min mark. Tylers kick-out game is strong. Sub sig for the win, kinda worked seeing as Tyler had kicked out of two of Mistico’s superkicks.

+ Heat building between Aerith and Dragana here for their looming title match collision. Both are title ready IMO going off their recent perfomances, but never count Sentai Hare out of the realm of retaining.

+ So Ace is confirmed as unstable as fuck. Wait is it Mori or Ace? Pick one, super confusing for those of us new kids on the block that only know her by ‘Ace’. Or is she split personality, hence the white half face paint? That would make sense. Do tell, Sir Bray.

MATCH:

CJ O’Donnell vs. Austin Lee

This one was a lot closer than I was expecting when I saw the total match time, which was a nice surprise. Plenty of back and forth which kept things interesting. CJ held his own against the champ trying to claw his way back to an even damage ratio but inevitably fell victim to a brutal Discount Cutter. Great finish off the counter dropkick.

MOTN: Probably have to go with CJ vs. Lee purely based on the pace and constant back and forth competition, and then that finish OUTTA NOWHERE!

RPOTN: I'd have to say a tie between Valk/B-17 based purely on it's cheese and hilarity, and Bray/Ace as I've not seen them in my time in OCW and felt it put their characters across quite nicely as this unstable duo who could snap at any moment.

Props to those who contributed; let's keep the shows burning baybay!

• Mark Out! 7

My image don't load no mo so fuck it.

dqRLTuq