On Deadly Ground (2024)

• Administrators
  • Mark Out! 1
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

okay, dolls, buckle up for some show review from yours truly ✭🦋˚・゚✧🎙️*・゚

• SUPER S CUP FINALS - ASHLEY MOORE vs. EMP

mess with the best... 💋🤭x  

• GRUDGE MATCH - JynX vs. Scotty X.

their outfits were on FLEEK

now, these two might not have mastered fpr yet, but their enthusiasm was FIRE. 

it wasn't exactly a technical masterpiece, there were a few stumbles, sure, but who needs perfect form when u've got this much heart? ❤️‍🔥

• 2.5 out of 5.

• TAG CHAMPIONSHIPS TLC - MASS EFFECT vs. GRIT & GLORY vs. FUTURE IDIOTS

OMG, this match was like  pure adrenaline. like, they were climbing that ladder like it was a jungle gym. splashes off the top turnbuckle, dives from who-knows-where, and near climbs that had my heart doing tap dancing.

i do not care, this was MOTN, it was a super fun match, i laughed out loud a lot with ry’s whatever was going on 😂 slay boys.

wanted the idiots to retain -_- sad but whatever, after that long match and performance whoever won would've been deserving. 

john at the end giving patrick bateman omgz 🫣

• 4 out of 5.

• GRUDGE MATCH - C-NOTE vs. MARK REESE

thank u mark reese for representing my country 🇪🇸 🇪🇸 12 points from spain. 

• INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - OWEN vs. SHELDON TREMBLAY

i enjoyed the match. we all like sheldon but, his title defenses are about as stable as my eyeliner after a tearful k-drama marathon.

sheldon starting to look like a one-hit wonder.  can't a guy just hold onto a title for more than five minutes?  maybe it's time for a new training montage? or perhaps he’s just destined to be a never-retaining-champ with a killer shoe collection?  sheldon, honey, we need u back on top – and looking fabulous while u're at it! 

third time’s the charm ☘️

the # on screen was a niiiice touch. 

• 3 out of 5. 

• SINGAPORE KANE MATCH - BLACKSMITH vs. RYU MATSUMOTO

expected. is it a bad case of ring rust? tho it brings me joy seeing people with resiliency lose their matches. 🤷🏻‍♀️ - 2 out of 5. 

• ALL STAR TAG #2 - KASSCUM vs. PERFECT STORM

i like kass, the ending was cute, me likey. - 3 out of 5.

• CCW CHAMPIONSHIP - B17 vs. AISU

wrong winner.

• WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - JOANNA SILVER vs. SHIANNE LOVELAVE vs. DEBORAH

first of all, can we talk about the looks? deborah’s entrance served and ate 100% that it ended world hunger. joanna’s gown was pwetty, it was basically a glam rock star meets a gladiator arena, but didn't really suit her. she's too bulky to be wearing skirts; they overwhelm your figure, and make u appear shorter and wider. vertical stripes are your allies! 

aaaand shianne who was also there came out on the losing end – both in terms of the pinfall and her ocular situation.
girl, the whole eyepatch pirate look? giving more blackbeard than badass. seriously, was that thing glued on? because u spent more time fumbling with it than u did landing a pinfall. it’s fine let’s all blame the eyepatch for ur loss. but seriously, even with one eye closed, she was throwing punches like they owed her money.  next time put ur good eye on the prize,  and focus on those knockout punches! we all know u got it in you!

now the match was literally so one sided, they stood no chance. deborah & joanna teaming up at first was cute but alliances shatter faster than a cheap acrylic nail. debs playing the heel soo damn good, she snatched that win like it owed her rent! buuuut flojo coming out had me totally gagged!!! i was shooketh! really liked that it was so unexpected. was really rooting for flo but deborah soo annoying winning everything, okey girlboss.

flo use this as motivation. u can string together victories against other contenders, remind everyone who u are!! 💞 a new title has bloomed after all 🙈 

• 4 out of 5. 

• OCW CHAMPIONSHIP - EL PARCA vs. MAXX EDWARDS

talk about a jaw-dropper! 

everyone thought it was in the bag for parca, prediction wise but he basically got dog-walked at the start. the match let's just say it wasn't exactly a ballet. more like a wild rodeo with two very determined cows.

but here's the thing: max strutted out of that ring looking like he'd just won the lottery. like, honey, a win's a win, but getting that lucky against a much more stablished opponent isn't exactly championship material. don't get me wrong, i love the underdog narrative, but that win felt a little fluky. we all had bad days after all. waiting to be proved wrong.

so, max, if u're reading, here's some advice: celebrate for sure, but get back to the gym, because next time, u better come out there looking like u mean business, not like u're on your way to a disco. 

here's the real closing question: was this a fluke win for max, or is parca finally showing some cracks in his armor? i guess no dos straps for you. x

• 3 out of 5.

• Mark Out! 7
  • Haha 2
  • THE HEAT! 1
  • Confused 1
XOXO 💋 Gossip girl.

Incredible rundown of the matches Belle. Your remarks definitely made me chuckle and it’s always nice seeing different perspectives and takes on matches especially when we have a PPV like last night. Alas, no Dos Straps… FOR NOW!

The GMs

I’ve often said that I don’t particularly like these kinds of things, but idk why this one had me laughing. When Spider pulled up a slide of Ancient Egypt, I started laughing. Spider is just so fucking stupid, and when it hits, it hits.   

Moore vs. Emp

Hey, what’s been said has been said. Move on time. The wrong person won. I’m kidding; I’m not that petty. Congrats to Moore. Emp’s story will move along, and I’m here for it. 

Cody Hagan Combat Center

I didn’t let you in, kid. That was some homeless dude with long, scraggly hair. I’m glad you are training. Good luck next year.  

Jynxx vs. Soctty 

I assume this was for the X? I hope so. Hey, background music fuck up happens. I’ve done it before, but that is why two people record continuously, and that is what saved my ass twice too. As for that, I didn’t like the match as much as Jay, but it didn’t shit the bed, it was on a PPV and it was a quality show. FPR breaks, yeah, they happened. They canceled each other out, but they happened. I’m not as angry as I once was, so I won’t yell yet. 

Dark Sue

Seems natural to me. Character progression sometimes takes you to a different location, and you roll with it. People being upset just means that the face depiction was quality. So I am all for it because it is a mark (see what I did there) of a good character who evolves.  

Tag Match

I didn’t even realize what was happening with the attires until the match was about to start; I just thought many people were having a midlife crisis. I can take it or leave it. The attires don’t bug me, and I had pop, but I wouldn’t say I’m clamoring to see that again. The match was very, very, very long. I said it during the post-show cast. I watched it and laughed through most of it. I don’t want to watch again. I particularly enjoyed The Riptide Party by John. Congrats to the champs. John’s post-match promo was an extra drag because of the match length and because it sounded very Christopher Nolan unnecessarily exposition-heavy

Heather gets locked up, and I won’t let her out. 

Fuck you and your friendships. 

Kar-oh no

Jake puts over talent; it’s what he does. Applaud this man for not being selfish, and while you’re at it, applaud Omen for being big cuz you can’t teach it. The question is…can he back it up in the ring? I don’t think he can, fuck you, rookie. Stay away from me, too!

C-Note v Reese

What Jordanna said is true. C-Note did not do a good job of making Reese look good. Now, I’ve heard arguments either way about the nature of this, and overall, I can’t complain that both of them didn’t benefit from this moment. C-Note showcases he’s ready for the next step; Reese likely needs to pivot and learn from this. The sheer amount of disappointment that Reese has endured is kinda wild at this point. That is a bunch of shortcomings, BUT that might make the payoff even more special. 

Mad Dawg Remains Drunk

Looked sober in the video. Wide-eyed as fuck, but not drunk. It’s kinda funny. I feel like Bash and Coco are having a conversation with themselves at each other. “I didn’t get any help!” “I pinned Paul Pugh!” Oh no…Dawg is feeling a certain way. Honestly. Mad Dawg is the one to split from the group. He’s got his bimbos in a row. Seems very appropriate. 

Owen vs. Shelly

Owen is just a more complete character at the moment. I love the idea of Kid Iccuras flying too close to the sun with his homemade wings while Owen built a flying machine that could fly safely. Does that make sense? Oh, I don’t care. Owen feels more complete as a title holder, and the match was just as expected and of high quality. Who would have thought that Billy The Kid was doomed to fail while The Man with One Name was the true Cowboy? I don’t make sense right now. Congrats to Owen. 

GNG AI

I can’t do that, so kudos to you. It also makes me uncomfortable because I am old enough to have watched T2. 

Blacksmith and Spooder

I can’t talk about the match without mentioning the big ole FPR (it could have been a break, but it didn’t get that far break). It didn’t change anything, so let’s move on. Insert “Don’t Do That Meme”. I enjoyed the match; it didn’t seem as one-sided to me as it may have been. The referee spot was hilarious, and I love that Spider pulled the referee in the way. What a heel. Good for Smithy; he’s not for everyone, but I am fond of that non-English-speaking Idiot. Oh. That wasn’t Spider. The tattoo was drawn on and rubbed off after all the sweet. Not Spider.  

Owen soft spot

Oh? Juicy juicy. 

KassCUM vs. Perfect Storm

It’s only overdone if you hear it too often. Luckily, I haven’t. McFuck Wrex, Fuck Kass too. Fuck Quartz, Fuck Harvey. Great match. I don’t think there were any tag team moments in the ring, but the brawl outside the ring was lovely and made up for that. Quartz hitting the flippy shit only to get hit with the flippy shit is symmetry, and I love symmetry.

Last Action Barbie ©

Maxx said it, not me. The action Movie route is tried and true and effective when it happens. That being said, your movie will look much better than mine, which was a huge hit in China and only in China.

Aisu vs. Bingo

The racism was accidental.

Don’t make me drop a second. 

JCS and Wife share a special moment

I’d like to think Emp is looking for the script. That's an excellent moonwalking reference. Is it odd that Jay calls Emp “man” and “dude”? Just me? Why the fuck does Jay/Emp have all this stuff in his/her office? Not that I am against being tied up and eating Kit-Kats. OMG OMG OMG, they are falling for each other! I KNEW LOVE WOULD PREVAIL. 

Women’s Title Triple

That match was freaking fast. Did not expect that. Straight steal. Short matches have just as much of a place to be good matches as long epics do. Wish Flo didn’t cash in yet. The idea of what she was becoming was just starting to take hold. The kind of face she was to become suggested cashing in for a fair match; the heel that she was would not have cashed in on a relatively fresh character. Idk. Mixed feelings. 

Reese promo

Sometimes…sometimes…the good guy needs to find a little wrong. If that sounded sexual, I’m not sorry.  

Flo Promo

Idk what to say. 

Maxx vs. Parca

MAXX WINS, MAXX WINS, MAXX WINS!

• Mark Out! 10

"Amatuer cheat hunter, Resident OCWFED historian, Lover of spreadsheets, data and HOI, MASTER OF THE GOKART"

*I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY PROFILE!*

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, B-17 said:

The wrong person won. I’m kidding; I’m not that petty.

i’m sure this felt great but …… u missed the WHOLE point 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😂😂😂 u are so lost. one day u will realize how unfulfilling u are & how purposeless what u're doing is and hopefully shift ur focus elsewhere. that's gonna be a beautiful ass day for u! can't wait for u to feel lit inside. 

• Haha 3
XOXO 💋 Gossip girl.

GM RP

I'm unsure what narrative function this RP served as it's the first thing on the show. It had humour and made chuckle reading it but it seemed out of place as nothing on the show had happened and the core point of it was Spider insisting he invented the Women's division.

EMP vs Ashley

The lack of hype for this match was surprising. EMP does a lot to help add importance to her matches and has throughout the S-Cup to establish her and her opponents. There are two people in this match so I don't want people to think I'm pointing the finger at EMP's handler. The tournament and title was a big deal. It felt less big to me because we went straight into the match with zero hype. 

The match was underwhelming; because Ashley had to win a triple threat to get to the final whereas EMP defeated all of her opponents, this match didn't serve that story at all. I understand people will say comp is comp but the audience and EMP as a character deserved better from this match. It was what it was. Rule breaks soured the match for me. Ashley performed well aside from the rule breaks. 

Cody Hagen RP
The unnecessary capitalisation of letters soured me on this. The way Cody talks is odd, it comes across as part in character and part out of character.
Narratively it sets up Cody as training for the new season but the current season hasn't ended yet so the timing feels like it's there to add content to the show rather than push Cody's story along.

JYNX vs Scotty X
Hype was ok. Good first attempt. I didn't notice the sound issues until it was brought up afterwards. Both broke FPR which soured the match. Fairly even match until the end. Getting on PPV is an accomplishment so, JynX and Scotty, don't let this be an ellipsis, let this be a punctuation mark of one sentence and start a bold new sentence next season.

Sue segment
A good new direction for Sue. I want to see Sue and Mark be different to each other- they've been white meat pure babyface so far- so I'm interested to see where this goes.

Tag Titles
Hype was music video style - short, to the point. Appreciate the attire work.  I didn't enjoy the match but I'm not going to harp on it. Other people have already addressed my issues with the match. 

I didn't appreciate the kendo stick use in the match given it's on the PPV as a stip later - this is one of those times where foresight should have been used in creating/playing the match.

John Carter's promo afterwards was too long after a long match. Its placement was poor. Not sure if that's a handler issue or a production issue. The promo should have either been moved to later in the show or made with the idea that it wasn't a post-match promo in the first place. The match was 30+ minutes long, draining to watch and sticking a long promo afterwards felt indulgent and selfish.

EMP, Heather, Blaine
Emp traps Heather and Heather and Blaine talk at each other. This didn't feel like a real conversation to me. It felt like two people saying lines at each other. Maybe it's because Blaine and Heather are similarly trying to be two tough, stubborn characters but for people having a relationship that goes back it felt like they just wanted to say their piece and not listen to what the other was saying.

Karmine segment
I enjoyed Karmine addressing Telos' comments but being swerved with Karmine coming out. I felt that the segment was a little too long. I get that we wanted to showcase Omen as a threat to Karmine but I feel that was achieved early and the continuation didn't serve any narrative purpose.

C-Note vs Reese
Zero hype 😞
I enjoyed the powerbomb reversal to the stacks driver. It was a back-and-forth match. 
People have addressed the build already - I echo the comments about C-Note's presentation being inconsistent - he's a heel but he wants to cash in and give the champion notice, he shits on the babyface for being out of his prime but Toronto loves him despite the fact he's a shitheel. I get that it's his home town but I think a nuanced build would have been Toronto booing him and cheering Reese.

Bash and Mad Dawg
This suffered from the same issue as Blaine and Heather but, here, I think the fact they are talking at each other and not listening to each other works. Mad Dawg has his issues going on and BASH cares that he beat Pugh.

Bobbi Baddi/Grit and Glory segment
I appreciate the use of AI sparingly but for me, it was too much, because of the inconsistency at times for it to be maintained shot to shot. Also, it made Derek look like a Jinder Mahal underling at points. Placement would have been better if it had been swapped with John's promo. Good stuff otherwise.

Horse vs Spider
Good hype package - got me hyped for the match
This is twice now we've had Spider booked and Illuminati has shown up instead (the first time was Spider vs Aries). I don't like the bait and switch especially when Jay has said Illuminati isn't Spider. This could be that it's a long-running in-joke that Illuminati is Spider and I don't know it but Jake was saying this wasn't Spider. If Spider is booked I don't want to see Illuminati show up instead.  It wasn't an in-ring classic by any stretch but it was an enjoyable match despite the FPR break.

Kass and Wrex vs PS
Zero hype 😞 
The match was OK. It didn't stand out against some of the other matches in the night but I am interested to see where things go from here. 

Marisa 
Cool segment - is Marisa going to Hollywood?

B-17 vs Aisu
Ok hype package. It did what it was supposed to. Aisu's entrance music drowned out the crowd so I'd look at mixing the two audio sources more evenly in the future. 
Both guys' attires were very good.
Good match.
I appreciated the callbacks in the lead into the finish. The ending circumvented my expectations of what I thought would happen. 

JCS/EMP RP
This felt weird to read. It wasn't that long ago that Sensation was tricked by EMP into marrying. Now he's saving her from drowning and calling her snookums. I'll keep my mind open, the RP gave us a feeling that EMP wasn't reacting well to losing. The juxtaposition of EMP complaining about being the best woman in the "history of this sexist company" to the person she has maligned for being bigoted and sexist is odd. Through the lens of a relationship where EMP and Sensation appear to be getting on and it isn't a ruse or there isn't exposition letting the audience know that not everything is as it seems feels like this has been rushed.

Women's title(s)
Hype was good. I enjoyed it. From a technical standpoint, aspect ratios were too condensed in places; the voice-over helped tell the story.

The attires were fire, entrances were fire.

There was a nice spot with Shianne throwing a mf'er over a mf'er. 

Good ending even if it was short. Couldn't have asked for a better heel win for Deborah.

I can't wait to see what happens next with Shianne, Joanna, Caleigh or River, whoever it was that put Shianne through the table. 

I loved the cash-in surprise by Flojo given it had been telegraphed to happen at Lution
Both matches had Deborah showing why she is the best in the women's division. Jay on commentary said cash-ins aren't usually successful which isn't true - it hasn't been successful for the men since I've joined but this is the first cash-in for women to fail since my arrival.

I enjoyed the Flojo, Stacy, Dragana RP afterwards and FloJo revealing that she had been deceptive all along. 

El Parca vs Maxx Edwards

Hype package was good - lots of good transitions and effects. Both guys went hard for their attires. The match had an ending I didn't expect.

It was Maxx's night. Where does El Parca go from here? Was he focused in on Maxx enough?

The subtle touch of Maxx hitting the extra finisher when he didn't need to - overkill? overcompensating?

Interested to see if it leads anywhere or whether it was just putting an exclamation point on the ending.

• Mark Out! 4
  • THE HEAT! 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Belle said:

i’m sure this felt great but …… u missed the WHOLE point 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😂😂😂 u are so lost. one day u will realize how unfulfilling u are & how purposeless what u're doing is and hopefully shift ur focus elsewhere. that's gonna be a beautiful ass day for u! can't wait for u to feel lit inside. 

I feel like I'm fueding with someone and working myself into a shoot all at the same time.  

• Haha 1

"Amatuer cheat hunter, Resident OCWFED historian, Lover of spreadsheets, data and HOI, MASTER OF THE GOKART"

*I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY PROFILE!*

spacer.png

Some things. 

- Not sure what happened with Jynx vs. Scotty X. No sound from the game and frames dropping makes for an awkward viewing experience. Match was fun enough though, just need to be careful on those FPR breaks. Hopefully that gets ironed out in the future.

image.png.c7c26713a3b233d0ad13315b2a059ed2.png

Who the heck is that? Plz don't leave Mark, I can't be the only true blue babyfaces 'round here!

- It's always a pleasure to watch Spider get his ass kicked. That scumbag Greg almost costing Horse the match! Maybe he's next on Matteo's list after this. But for real, this match was a hilarious car crash. The "toilet roll" line from Jake was great. I think Horse needs to move on to bigger things now that he's taken care of TTT. He needs that world title opportunity!

- KasScum Saturday is now an official national holiday, I don't make the rules. The KasScum/Perfect Storm match was one of my favorites of the night, for all the memes and the moments like the ringside action/Wrex waiting for Quartz to tag H20 in just so he can get clocked with the Lariato. I'm ecstatic to see what's next for KasScum, I love me some wrestling odd couples.

I enjoyed the show and I'm looking forward to what the new season brings!

8.4/10

• Mark Out! 2
  • Haha 2

yKbQC4A.png?1

"Roll 20 for initiative, you cuck" - Mr. Sensation

"I don't have a brain" - Tiberius Dupree

"4 os a gppd cp,[ro,ose" - Mr. Sensation