LOOK AT ME OCW I DID IT... I did a review!
This is my first review in quite some time. I hope I keep doing these. I can't promise, but I'll try because I enjoyed this Riot. This type of Riot was needed coming after Summercide. I may not be the first to write a review, but I still wrote one. I should have submitted this couple days ago, but RL stuff got hectic for Labor Day weekend.
Page 1-
We have Tiffany Ortiz Sensation coming to the ring to start the show as she announces someone will be inducted into the OCW Hall of Fame tonight. Either this is legit, or someone will mess things up. Can you say daddy issues?
Afterwards things kick up a notch with the OCW Heavyweight Champion, Tiberius Dupree. Before I comment on the following promos I want to congratulate Dupree for being the OCW Champion. It's something earned, not given, and to stand out as top dog is not easy task. Everyone leaves their mark as OCW Champ when past champs have gotten their reigns. Dupree is leaving his mark into a new era for OCW's future. The "ambition era" truly lived through him, and a few others that I'll be commenting about later. Just my opinion on what he's done when I didn't think Aries would be beatable until Dupree stepped up.
Now onto the following promos that I'll title "They hate each other, and I think they all know it" segment.
Dupree tells his dragonflies that he's still ocw champion after an impressive victory over a very tough veteran, The Steve. Immediately following he gets interrupted by Matsuda. Now this is another person who I said I'll be commenting about. He is very unique since his rise in OCW. Following Lotus I would say it has potential to end up a top 3 best stable in OCW ever. I love the theme music, and the vibe the group has going for them. I would however like to see more storylines involving the group, and expand more promos. Make the threat seem more real than it already is. My opinion, but keep up the great work Suda. Another person who help make this "ambition era" possible.
Matsuda says times have changed, and everyone needs to realize that OCW is being run by Lotus, and the first target is the biggest target in being OCW heavyweight champion. Forget the history between the two, it plays a part, but these guys are playing into their future. Basically Matsuda tries to warn Dupree, but Dupree will never bow down to anyone. He doesn't have to, he's OCW champ.
Before Dupree can finish as Matsuda leaves, Parker arrives. I was expecting a screw job to start the show where Matsuda helps Parker beat dupree with the f.i, but I was wrong, and that's ok. My rivalary with Parker goes back a while, and the matches I had with him are some of my most proudest matches I been in. Wrestlution 3, and Black Sunday I'll throw that bone out there.
Parker comes out not to beat up Dupree, but to inform him that after tonight he's the biggest threat of dethroning the champ off his reign. Parker is right about there's other problems beside him that Dupree should worry about, and who knows if Lotus wants to let Parker beat Dupree or if they want that for themselves so Matsuda can have that to hang over OCW as ultimate respect.
At the very end Parker does what everyone expected, and that was always have an agenda. He came out there knowing Dupree was ready for a fight, and delivered an important message that I think Dupree will answer reply back to. Tick.. Tock!
Page 2-
"The slap heard around the world" The cameras go backstage with "our hero" Mr. Sensation. We get the sense that tension are high among the boss, and a few wrestlers in ocw. It seems everything is almost going the way the boss wants except Aries trying to return, and Dupree still the champion. He's greeted by none other than Dupree, and things go badly for the boss. After telling Dupree that Parker's F.I isn't the problem that should scare him, but rather the fact that if the boss wants to he can have Dupree's title taken away from him by forces I assume outside of his limits. Just like with all inconveniences for Mr. Sensation he makes sure to have them taken out. Only Dupree does the unthinkable, and slaps the boss like he owed him something. The boss falls down... I repeat the boss falls down! Who wonders what's next for Dupree after what happened at start of the show, and now with the boss. Dupree may be the OCW champ, but for how long can the fire burn when he creates thunderstorms for himself?
Here's another person I said I was going to comment about. I never faced Dimsmore or Matsuda, I have Dupree, but I would say I think it would be a dream match between Dimsmore, and myself if ever happen. He feels original, but fresh. He doesn't slack off he works just as hard as Dupree, Matsuda, and others. He's not the INT champ for nothing. He proves Lotus or him can't be trusted as he talks with Latieff(sorry if I spelled wrong). A new guy who's trying to prove he's not a gimmick, and he's the beast from somewhere middle east. Dimsmore is a champion, and a proven one. I don't think this friendship will last long, but who knows what this will lead into?
Unfortunately for him he trusts Dimsmore, and I just said you can't trust them. Soon as he walks away, and turns his back to Dimsmore he receives a hard hitting shot in the back of the head with the title. Sometimes friends are overrated?
Next we go backstage again, and this time it's with MatsuMoto, and Mugen. Their chillen, having a good time, fried octopus, and laughing ensures before Arnaud walks in. The end. I like Sleeping Dogs.
The video afterwards I couldn't download. I don't know why as every other video worked.
Here comes the co-gm, Spider down to the ring. With the role given, and what happen at Summercide. Not to mention he's with Lotus, they can't be trusted. He's someone to watch for this, and next year to rise in OCW. He mentions how he wiped the floor with Pugh, and now although he has a concussion he must face K.D in a hardcore title match. I don't know if that's a blessing in disguise, but K.D likes to fight I heard. I hear he beats people up, and maybe Pugh can take a permanent vacation after tonight. Will Pugh overcome the odds? His match is next.
Pugh vs K.D - OCW Hardcore Title Match-
Pugh comes out first, and his attire reminds me of "Be a star", "Don't be a bully". He seems to look healthy going into this match. Maybe Spider was misinformed? My advice about the attire, Pugh is maybe not wear kneepads? Just a opinion to stand out more while in matches. It seems OCW did a commercial break during K.D's title entrance. Awkard? Anyway onto the match, and it's the tale of little guy against angry big guy. The ABM gets reversed, and Pugh has control early on until he gets slammed following an irish whip. He rolls out the ring, and it's time to make this what it should be. Pugh grabs a chair to hopefully slow down the larger man. As Pugh grabs the chair, K.D just stands there as if he doesn't care he's grabbing a chair. If I was K.D I would went for a weapon, but what do I know about hardcore matches?
The match keeps going with Pugh trying to slow down the much bigger wrestler, and K.D seems to just like tossing people into things. I don't like to see guys the size of K.D doing a chair kick, and speaking of the chair that was the only thing used. If I was pugh I would have beat K.D with the chair, sledgehammer, kendo stick, anything to win this match because like Spider said if Pugh loses, 3 times, and he's fired.
I mark for the saw theme mix at the end, and after the match was both was beaten, but only one has the title. I don't think Lotus cares much though.
Page 3-
So I see Arnaud still getting mentored by K.D. It's tough to lose a title, and even tougher to lose when you say you beat people up every week. A rematch clause or not you need to get revenge. Only problem is I don't think Lotus will let you.
Here comes Jake storm down to the ring. I don't know much about him other than he's in the Storm Boyz tag team, but I do hope them luck because OCW needs a tag team division badly. He talks about how the attack on him cost his team the chance at tag team gold. I think them feuding with Lotus can be good for them, or bad. Just depends if they can back up what they talking about.
One sentence made this promo golden by Sean McGee, and that was..."Clarke - you have a match tonight with one of the men you attacked last week ... any comments about your apponent ?
McGee - Yeah ,F%#K HIM...NOW GET OUT OF MY WAY BEFORE YOU END GETTING HURT!!!!!"
Let me see your footwork! As we get treated with another A-Team commercial. Van-Damme is a beast. Nuff' said.
Arnaud vs McGee -
Good soundtrack to the match. With the anger from McGee earlier, and the already bad night for K.D I don't know of Arnaud is there mentally. Will he overcome? So far I don't think so as McGee has total control. The match falls outside for a brief moment before Arnaud's head bounces off the ground. Throughout the match it felt as if Arnaud was confused about what he wanted to do in the match. Whether he had a gameplan or not it showed as if he was unprepared to fight McGee. He didn't get too much offense at one time, nor did he present any real threat with the counters. I laughed at that double drop kick spot. I laughed even more at the end. He just said fuck the W... I'm grabbing a chair. When you hear the benoit theme you know someone getting a head shot.
A "quarter ton cannibal" It seems we go backstage again with Stacey Clark,and Dupree. She asks him if he's at all worried after receiving the truth siren from Parker. Dupree said Parker isn't the lying type. The F.I will not play a factor tonight, and I don't think it needs to be. A big tag team match for the main event, and I expect someone to get screwed.
Next up we have Tiffany Ortiz Sensation coming back out to the ring to announce the first member of the 2013 OCW Hall of Fame. It's none other than Aries, but before any celebration can begin things get heated when Mr. Sensation comes out.
Page 4-
Sensation tells her that this has gone too far. She has done some things in the past, but this is the last time she does anything. He said Dupree, and Aries are going to pay. It seems as if this segment was going to end without a fight between Aries, and Mr. Sensation. Instead an unexpected Dimsmore comes out, and gets a leg up on Aries. Get it? Oh well.. It seems as if Aries was a target that was triggered to be executed by a ruthless Dimsmore. I don't know what's going to happen next, why Dimsmore attacked him, and if Aries will recover to return again, but the boss has proven not to screw with him.
It looks like things are not over yet for the boss, and Aries. It seems before EMTs can load Aries into the truck, and take him to the hospital the boss, and Dimsmore comes back to finish the job. Dimsmore knocks out the emts I guess they don't worry about getting sued by those EMTS? In what could only be explained as attempted murder, the boss hooks Aries lifeless body from the stretcher onto a tow line using a rental truck. After driving like a mad man in the parking lot the boss swirves a sharp turn, and sends Aries rolling into a metal gate. Left a bloody mess, and luckily no major brain damage resulting to mental challenges, lost of memory, or death that we know of so far.
Next we got a promo from Pato, and it's very detailed which is a good thing. This is the point I made earlier, Lotus does pump out good content. They put up several promos a show, but I would like to see them each have a singles feud or a big group feud. Sadly there's nobody to stand up to them, and there's probably very few who can stand against this new monster in OCW. It seems Dr. Fisk Thompson is screwed. Matt Bloom tries to inforce some law, but instead the tables was turned on him.
After all the action that takes place it seems we get a bit more Hostile with a return. It seems voices controls Hostile as he makes good on a promise that he'll beat every superstar that these fans love. No remorse, no mercy will be given by him. A angry Hostile has return, but who's his first victim?
The Storm Boyz vs Rising Sons-
Both tag teams are impressive, and stand out on their own. I get a more hardy boyz vibe with the Storms, but that's ok because it works for them. I don't know too much about The Rising Sons since my absence from OCW, but they work good as a tag team in this match. The first half of the match is back, and forth. Everyone countering trying not to lose, and neither team wants to. I think the Rising Sons should have one brawler type of moveset, and the other more high flyer. As for the Storms I expected sorta the same in terms of their moveset fitting their characters, but I saw more moves that fit technical wrestling, and not them. At around the 7 min mark we finally get some action on the outside. It was quite funny when he botched that front drop kick off top rope. After shortly returning to the ring where it seems the Stormz have taken control of the match. It falls to the outside once again, and this time The Rising Sons have taken control. Another botched springboard body splash, and this could look like a countout victory for the Sons, but Jake Storm quickly gets up in time to slide back into the ring. The ending of the match was slow paced as it seemed neither team wanted to mess up as they both knew they was hurt, and only a matter of time before someone his hit with a finisher to end it. Overall I enjoyed this tag match for two teams I know less about prior, and know alot more now after watching them. Keep up the good work, revive the tag team division!
I'm sorry, but Maypo sounds like auto parts store. Other than that I really dig the look for this new guy. He already has his friggin name on his trunks, you know this guy is for real! He enters the ring, and tells everyone that he's the new savior. That his whole life he's been surrounded by filth, and OCW is no exception. He said until now OCW didn't see the light, but he will show it to them. Can this new guy back up the talk or is it same story all over again?
Page 5-
Main Event - Pato/Dimsmore vs Parker/Dupree -
Dupree, and Dimsmore start off this match. Both fighting back, and forth. It seems Dimsmore maybe has a little ring rust as Dupree takes control. Hitting one move after another in nice combo fashion. Lotus gets the upperhand when Pato is tagged in, and a devastating tag team move is hit on Dupree. I'm surprised Dupree got his whole body around Pato enough to put him into that submission hold on the ropes. Quickly after Parker is tagged into this, and Pato throws him into the Lotus corner. Dimsmore grabs Parker only for Pato to take advantage. So far I see Lotus working as a tag team better. It's no surprise since the feelings between Parker, and Dupree. It seems Parker having a night off tonight as he couldn't get much offense against Pato as he tags back Dimsmore into the match. After Dimsmore gets some of his own offense in we finally see Parker show life, and get some offense of his own. He shortly whips Dimsmore into his corner, and tags in Dupree. Finally we see these two work as a team. If they want to win it's what they going have to do. Dimsmore is hurt, and after Dupree had the upperhand against him then here comes Pato. As Lotus still working as a tag team in the later parts of this match tells me they want to win more as they should when anytime Lotus teams up they need to win so make them look tougher, and more of a threat. Parker, and Dupree shouldn't care much about this match other than not wanting to take a beating from Lotus. For the rest of the match it was back, and forth. I think the momentum swung around when it went outside for first time. I really though they had the W considering how good they was working together, but sometimes that's not enough. Overall it was match of night. It flowed nicely, none of the 4 men seemed to rush or play too soft. You can tell they wanted to put on a great match without overdoing it.
Finale -
It seems that after the main event we are treated with a interruption from the boss. He already taken out Aries so what's next for Dupree who seems to be the only one left in the ring. Where's Lotus? Sensation tells everyone he's been working on a project that will create history for OCW. Also Sensation thinks this will be the end of Dupree's reign as champion. Beating one person in a match is hard, but inside a elimination chamber? Tough shit, and I wish Dupree good luck. I remember the last time we had something like that it was a championship scramble, but this is inside the chamber. I love the Dark knight reference. All hell is going to break loose at S2R! I can't wait!