Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5/6 ain't bad
  • Mark Out! 1

4a2980e833c04f65ea22dcd4f4dd2ad4.jpg

THE ALPHA !

Dorien Arnaud :1x Ambition Champion, 1x hardcore champion

Kat : 1x BombShell Queen

K.Dangelo : 1 TV champion 2x Hardcore Champion 1X North American Champion 2x Tag Team Champion, 1x Pride champion

Espado : 1x Light Heavy Champion

Just some quick thoughts on Riot....

Trance cut a unique Promo with his tag match against Thanatos and Fearo. Usually you get the heels saying they'll destroy the retards and what not but I thought the whole dodgeball chasing in the street thing was a refreshing twist. Solid RP

I sorta dug the Canadian team. Would be interesting to see these two stay as a team, however I think Tiberius could really sore as a singles wrestler as well. Overall the Tag match was decently enjoyable to watch.

Ryder: His crusade against the Refs is definitely interesting. Here's a guy who's made the most out of a title loss, and has turned out something rather interesting. I don't like that it could develop into a Lution match, as Ryder is one of the top guys here and I'd like to see him wrestle actual competiton, however, if he keeps turning out solid RPs like this I'll be ok with the match.

Trips: His RPs are rather enjoyable. I was somewhat reminded of the RP flood he had at that Lution one year, and that got a bit old with the skybox and what not, but these RPs were much more enjoyable. Trips showed solid writing here, and part of me is eager to see him again and to see him get his hands on Parker.

Parker and Casey: I really dig this team. As I've said I enjoy the new style of Parker, and the gimmick of doing stuff to get the attention he deserves is freakin awesome. The interaction between he and Smythe makes me feel uneasy though as I feel like neither man can be trusted, and it's just a matter of who takes who out first.

Dane: His character evolution has been interesting. I really buy into Dane as a fringe main eventer. His segment at R2G with Mayhem was a bit over the top, but he's rebounded nicely in explaining his methods and psychological state. Tough loss but I don't really even care how Dane does in the ring right now cause I'm very wrapped up in his whole storyline that he's got going.

Cody Storm: Nice match between him KD and Jook. I hope Jook and KD happens as Lution, as I feel like anytime you're legit friends with someone on the boards and you have a big build up between them the matches end up as pure gold (See: Nate vs Versus, Aries v Trance,...etc). Either way KD did have a pretty decent reign, and as long as he continues to work like he is I could see him entering into the Dane level of fringe Main Eventer.

Main Event: I enjoyed the Main Event and the back and forth. Parker's style in the ring is very entertaining to watch. I guess since I don't have the game I'm always amazed by the type of cutscenes they have, but I dug the whole part of Parker taggin Smythe in and DDT'in him and giving APEX the win. The chaos that ensues after is freakin awesome. Mayhem coming back was good, Parker and Mayhem goin face to face was interesting. I know you guys have wrestled before I assume but for some reason that moment in the ring still felt pretty cool. I liked Aries going after Casey to send a message. Good move as the whole beat down of Parker wouldn't have worked as well. APEX as a faction is the perfect heel allignment. The gang assaults they pull work well.

As for the Smythe-Sensation portion.......A+++ I fucking ate that shit up. Jay came off well in explaining that it was a test to see if Smythe "had it" and Smythe attacking Jay and then going into the history how he was always "Jay's Warrior" was freakin awesome. For some reason even though Smythe took Jay out I felt for Smythe. Smythe was there for Jay when everybody else left. He did what Jay asked without question. This could be one of the hottest angles going into Lution if Sensation and Smythe continue workin it. Great job

Overall the show had a PPV like feel to it. Great job to Smythe for the matches, great job to the wrestlers who made it happen, and the RP segments of the show were awesome. Can't really even say a bad thing if I wanted to. Even though I"m the "serious" one I still enjoyed the show

• Mark Out! 1

LocoNY911: I hate you with every fiber of my being just looking at your name makes me want to strike my monitor