Happy Birthday OCWFED 12 Years!

Bloom

The longer you do something the less it feels special. I remember this feeling in my tum tum when we hit 5 year, 8 year 10 year.....Now....I'm fronting headache or not it's been 12 years, b.

I mean I still remember the days in college with my spiral notebook on the 7 Train writing ideas. Then I remember that dark spiral and a need for some kind of catharsis.

I remember sitting for coffee on 14th street going over code and the back end for OCW V1 with my top dog (one of my best friends to this day D.) when we had cash payout systems and contract negotiations. I remember my old pal S. begrudingly showing me forum systems and doing the first initial layout for OCWFED (The old Blue and White joint).

I can't forget Gregory Kael whose countless efforts dealing with my madness with poise and calm helped shape V2. And lets not forget the Technical President, Ron!. In which I would get up at 4:AM Eastern to make sure I had time to communicate with him on helping forget V3 which despite the server being horseshit, was one of our best iterations to date. Ron was also pivotal in getting V4 of the ground and answering my dopey questions with patience and respect. I will always owe Ron and Greg a huge debt for helping shape our basic foundation.

I remember CWO and how awful it was and saying, man I know I can do better than this. I remember the IGN boards, and people laughing me out telling me (you will fail, this is stupid). Those same people weeks/months later (oh this is nice, can I be a mod?) I recall all the takeovers, the mergers, the bs, the sillyness, the dopeyness, the flakes, the greats.

From SvR2005 and the whole head hunting cheese, to the WM21 Dark Ages, to XWA plucking out Nate Ortiz, and RD Money. The Geomon's, The Faustos. To even be at minimum E friends with such an eclectic group of individuals has been so much fun,.

To watch Nate Ortiz grow from a kid who had every fucking wall you could possibly imagine from a personal perspective come up and have him fucking barrel through it like a man and to see him now helping the youth of tomorrow, to see that just warms my black heart. Seeing RD go from a belt making trash talking dope, with good SNES music to running his own jam.

To see Majin become one of the most caring fathers on the planet earth, despite looking like he hates people who look like me :) Watching Pugh grow from a Xerox flake to having a pivotal roll in getting me motivated for Season 11, watching Suda go from Over In real life to Really over in real life. My countless interactions with the Stallion.....Parker...whom I consider a pal..sorta....kinda... Nick Kage who has always done right by me. Fucking Matt, being a mumbling dope to now being a useful mumbling dope who despite being a dope always has the best intentions.

Guys like Trance whom a lot of people dislike, learning how hes actually a really good dude just a bit dopey. The Ambition 4 and Trash, who motivated the fuck out of me in 2012, I know I'm not always in the chats but every time its always fucking pandemonium.

My man Kelvin, whom we hardly ever see eye to eye, has been one of the loyalest, hardworking and good dudes I ever had the displeasure of knowing <3 Kingshugabooga. Guys like BOBBY who I speak to on the reg and can always be trusted to give me a side of the story I didn't think of.

I mean there is so many more people to mention that I can't possibly remember or fit them all. Rich! who despite having the time table of a slug is one hell of a human being! always willing to help, always hilarious, and always using dead company cards forcing me to wait outside home depot like I am looking for work in embarrassment. Rich alone is responsible for turning many of my frowns upside down Cookie4life.

Sociopath Wu, who will possibly assault me come December, I can't put into words our interactions, but dealing with him on a semi daily basis since Season 11 has been a treat. My Upstate mental twin, Kent. How many times have we literally said the same thing at the same time when thinking or working for something for OCW? I think we should both at same time: SAME EXACT IDEA!!!

Also when your loaded I can't stop laughing even if you do hate my excellent parody comedy songs. SIR

Warren and his Giant Daughter and Medium son: That is all.

Watching Drago turn into Medical Nate!! I'll need you to shave some bread off my Copay bubbah Haklps!

Even dealing with some of the newer folks like Pampam, and Doug I see the shine of the new generation as the old heads bow out the new generation is learning the game learning the right way for the most part. Doing the little things, making matches special and mean something. And helping to bridge that gap for the coming seasons. The complete 180 turn around on the PS4 platform with all these interesting and cool people has been just simply amazing and by hook or by crook kicking and screaming Teamwork made the dream work and being able to do a show with a guy like Jack (who I thought I would hate) turned out to be rad sandwiches. Can't forget Milktoast Adam, I know you get a lot of flack, for your measured personality but you care.

That's the important thing, if you care, OCWFED is what you make it. When you do well for a bit then just get lazy or peter off you're not part of the solution your part of the problem. You can go as high or as low as you want here. YOU make your destiny here and we help, some ppl get it some ppl don't some ppl will go (why he didn't mention me)....too many god dam names!

The party chats, the WWE chats, the MMA chats. Watching all of you grow, it's great guys its great shoutout to Mr.Chocolate!

Even with people stealing our assets, jocking our style, taking our content and ideas and trying to pass them as there own, the copycats the plagiarists etc we are still here. Because no matter how many people want to copy our style, the OCWFLOW is unique it is of course the Old Country Way. So while ppl may try to mar us as "the meanies" I am all for it. It might be a New York State of Mind. But I would rather die on my feet and keep it 100 then live like a phoney, fake nice coward forever. It's just not in my DNA. At the end of the day I'm a bit misty its been 12 years, lets make it another 12 years, fuck it!

TY

FU

Bai

Edited by Bloom
  • Mark Out! 20

Welcome to OCW, keep tough skin, speak your mind, and most of all have fun.-Betterness

"I'm going to be brutally honest here guys... all we really need for a good Riot is a few RP's from Our Hero himself... he's an awesome writer!!!" - Smythe

CCWJustinTime: just funny how the shit i do goes un appreciative

[10-01, 00:19] Jookie Marley: fuck u nigga

[09-01, 23:50] Mr.Bentley: uploadafraud.com

[09-01, 23:45] Jookie Marley: what website do we use 2 upload now?

"Summercide was 2 white girls away from being a cook out" - Cyberbully 2099

" makes me laugh how its gone from all ambition era holding the titles, to 3 guys from 07 holding the main titles..haha

welcome to the 'Pensioner Era' - Parker

"This is all part of my plan to equalize the playing field until we have a roster of people I can actually BEAT" - Bobby Digital

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Yso-Lz6TnH0/VRrmAviclTI/AAAAAAAAAb8/3FyGWPRgqZQ/s1600/CharlieBrown.png
  • Mark Out! 3

"Amatuer cheat hunter, Resident OCWFED historian, Lover of spreadsheets, data and HOI, MASTER OF THE GOKART"

*I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE MY PROFILE!*

spacer.png

<3

Happy 12th bday OCW! Glad to have been a part of it this season (which seemed to be quite a great one!)

A huge shout out to all of you that were willing to work with me and took initiative to help bring the ladies back into the scene. Thank you to many of you that were open minded enough to welcome this random chick (once you found out I was actually real lol) and see what she could bring to the guys table. It's been fun and looking forward to putting a lot more ideas into action.

And to some others that talked shit in the beginning- you can still kiss my ass :)

• Mark Out! 7
http://i.imgur.com/Be83i2k.jpg

12 years...holy crap. OCW's only 2 years younger than Baker. Glad to be a bit of a cornerstone, and hopefully keep the smiles coming. It's about giving back. Also, I still can't believe Nate was only like 15 when I started talking with him. I'm pretty sure he's Benjamin Buttons, or he's really like 42.

Also, Cookies BRUH!!

hqdefault.jpg

• Mark Out! 7