On Deadly Ground (2024)

7 minutes ago, Belle said:

multiple minions ganging up. let's hold the applause for the playground bullies. we don't all enjoy kicking people while they're down, you know. besides, there's a difference between a good tussle and a straight-up pile-on. 

and the fact u are SO pressed about something that's not even ur business, kind of says something like maybe u need to get a hobby or two or maybe u just need to learn it's unnecessary to say something like this when u have no idea what the reality is. some of y'all have no life outside of this and it shows. get well soon.

this is such a bad faith argument. FPR is the grounding of ocw. If you objectively break rules, then claim you haven’t, then double down on that - people will be mad. It’s disrespectful to Emp, Jay, everyone. Own up, apologise, move on. Getting personal over this is wildly childish. 

• Mark Out! 4

No.

18 minutes ago, Belle said:

multiple minions ganging up. let's hold the applause for the playground bullies. we don't all enjoy kicking people while they're down, you know. besides, there's a difference between a good tussle and a straight-up pile-on. 

and the fact u are SO pressed about something that's not even ur business, kind of says something like maybe u need to get a hobby or two or maybe u just need to learn it's unnecessary to say something like this when u have no idea what the reality is. some of y'all have no life outside of this and it shows. get well soon.

Yea you’re definitely a yikes rn. Idk what this whole attitude / mentality you’re rocking is but you might wanna take your own advice pookie. The fact you’re jumping so hard over something like this that you didn’t even have any dealing with is also just adding hypocrisy (omg look at us BOTH hypocrites!) so calm down and drink some decaf instead of jumping all over the place because a person who DID deal with bs from them is now saying something. But god is good and there’s levels to it so stay calm and be good now. 

• Mark Out! 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Marisa Welch said:

What is going on here?  😹. Are they in kayfabe or is this a shoot?

jack-perry-real-glass-all-in-london-2023

• Haha 3
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
 15-06, 18:20 Tiberius Dupree make him tap with brownie mix

"Booking Wrestling is the most thankless no-win position anyone could ever be in. When things go well it's the talent that makes it work. When they go badly, it's because the Booker doesn't know what he's doing." - Eric Bischoff

Jookie: what website do we upload to againi for got

Our Hero: uploadafraud.com

Jookie: fuck u boricua

"I'm like Smythe, except Good" - Matsuda

OCW works best when it’s a melting pot of different ideas and opinions coming together to create some cool ass shit. It’s at its worst when people are only invested in their own/their pals’ content." - Paul Pugh

"I'm 5,9" - Ry

"I'm sorry if this sounds mean but OCW shouldn't be allowed to vote" - Jake Allen

4 hours ago, Belle said:

tenor.gif

• Mark Out! 1
  • HooT 1
  • THE HEAT! 1

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

• Administrators

The reality of the situation here is people will pick sides when shit goes down. I will use the podcast as an example. When we got to Jynx and Scotty I did not want to bury the guys as they worked hard. 

However they made mistakes with the audio and the FPR. I stated what happened that they need to be better and I did not jump to Jynx's defense. The only light hearted thing I said was something to the effect of it is a part of the growing process. Jynx knows he is my guy but he is also accountable for his mistakes and he wants to improve when he messes up. 

Honestly everyone in OCW could take a page from that playbook. He is a grown man and does not need me fighting his battles. He admitted he messed up and was ready for the future, again something I think others can learn from. I think this needs to be the default attitude from every handler in OCW. 

• Mark Out! 8

Everyone can do better. Accountability is important and everyone being able to put their 2c in is also. Largely our community does hear criticism, especially when it's not framed in the shittiest way possible, as has been the case several times since Saturday. Heck, even if someone is a prick about how they frame their critique, there's almost always actual nuggets to be taken away and if you're "in the wrong" or even if you THINK you're not and you're receiving criticism anyways, try looking for those takeaways instead of being defensive or shitty in return. Two wrongs and all that. That feedback/clash/accountability happened immediately afterwards, it happened *before* the show aired between those who were in the know and for some reason it's still happening on Tuesday despite the fact it was already addressed. It was a huge bummer and everyone's made that clear at this point.

On the other side, it's super unnecessary to keep hammering a point home over and over and over and over and over with even more aggressive and pointlessly antagonistic tones after you said your piece, though. Those who wrote reviews or commented on it on the pod or whatever (ps thank you, loving the new site engagement and Jay's happiness makes me happi), that makes sense, you will obviously have to address it if you're reviewing something, but it doesn't mean you have to try and escalate the situation, especially if your mindset towards the other side is "own it and move on" when you're not willing to move on yourself. I'd understand if people were trying to sweep it under the rug or ignore it or whatever, but Jay has already said it's been acknowledged and handled, etc. If you are someone who isn't happy with how Jay is handling it and thinks there should be far more extreme measures taken, please go nuts, but please try and be a problem solver in that case and propose some solutions you think would be fair instead of adding fuel to the flames.

For me, I think MOST of the unnecessary bullshit has come in Discord, which Belle doesn't even see (unless Ashley is sending it to her), which makes her replies in here even more confusing as to why she's gotta act like that at all, especially towards two people who probably were the least hypercritical of all. I get being upset that you feel someone is being hounded or ganged up on in an overboard way. I feel that a little bit too, but replying like that is super weak. It makes it seem like you believe there was nothing done wrong in the first place, which there absolutely was. Nobody's perfect, we all got our moments so hopefully everyone can just shake it out their system and *actually* move on. 

Sort of a sidebar, but this kind of thing always leads to it in one way or another. Whenever there's a conflict like this it always turns into smug bullshit where folks are dropping blanket statements about the entire fed or an entire section or whatever. Shit like "har nobody can take my excellent and constructive criticism because they don't wanna be spoken to like children" is always a favorite or "nah kids these days just wanna glaze" or "oh anytime there's stakes involved everyone will cheese it's just the natural order". It's goofy. It almost never has any basis in reality as a macro statement and reduces a complex, varied group if individuals into some shitty box. It's shit that guys like Dane or Dennis would say about us once they were ousted, shouldn't be something we're putting on each other as a way to somehow seem better than. As I said before Dan and others that do this DO have very real and productive points hidden inside to find, but trying to paint everyone a certain way or act like stuff is rampant because one thing happened recently never really sits well with me.

Some folks just love to fight online and stir it up to kill time, though nobody needs to be childishly shooting on people on either end or making dumb blanket statements because they're upset at one individual. Everyone's got a dumb opinion but this one belongs to me. 

We can all do better. Thanks again to everyone for their comments on the shows and HUGE shout out to Kent and Dan for the amazing work they did on the RIOT/TURMOIL/AMBITION arenas in 2K24. We're fast approaching a new season and the efforts being made are hyping me up. 

✌️

• Mark Out! 7
  • HooT 1

POzHGqo.png

President and leading member of the Paul Pugh Fan Club. We love KidEgo

http://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/SlXlTioxkN913ZuFSU5VjOfJYwR0EjwCF5hBUFCurjw/http/ocwfed.tv/miscpics/Kass_event_badge_2020.png

Let’s switch the vibe and get back to the matches shall we? I’ll be commenting on the segments more when I’m at home because I don’t have forever to sit down and type everything atm. 

Horse vs. Illuminati (Singapore Cane Match)

I wasn’t in love with this match. The game fucked on Illuminati and glitching the attire is just one of those things that drives my head up a wall. How we’re able to have issues like this in modern gaming is CRAZY. Anyways, Horse has been on an unstoppable run with PPV matches that + the hype package did showcase the importance of this match and I really enjoyed it. The match itself was just about what you’re gonna get when you have someone who is stomping on another and the guy just can’t get much going. I said I feel Spider doesnt really know how to play the game (I still stand by this) but after rewatching he was getting his ass ate out (no pause) so Horse got it done and completed the TTT singles matches. Now we just need the REAL TTT Perfect Circle match in S19 / 2k24. 

Kasscum vs. Perfect Storm

It’s interesting how Perfect Storm are these two menaces in singles and tag team action BUT! It seems like they really can’t get their bearings going when it comes to teams that either are newly formed or there isn’t much tape on. We saw an aggressive back and forth between Harvey & Wrex with Kass doing his own thing and overall the match was decent. Didn’t hate it, didn’t love it, but that’s not those guys fault it’s the games fault for making tag matches dreadful at times. The match quality earned extra points on how fucking gorgeous it was. Seeing Perfect Storm slip up and lose was honestly something I was not expecting. I’m curious to see if we get a rematch or if they breakup or maybe they choose a new target! I’m hoping for either the rematch or a new target, I don’t want Perfect Storm to end and I’m loving both those guys together. While I absolutely HATE the meme some of the community runs with for Kasscum I’d really like to see them stay together as well. Kass has always been this main character / final villain type vibe and for him to be with Wrex in this weird love / hate relationship is really cool. I wouldn’t even hate an attempt for them to fight The Lobby and then maybe even try to go for the tag titles cause cmon, that would be madness! The tag division is in a wonderful state going into S19 / 2k24. 

Aisu vs. B17 (CCW Championship Match)

This match really hit hard for me. The build for the match wasn’t the greatest but I feel that’s because Bingo is still trying to find himself on his current run. Aisu being a heel is nothing new and I’m in love with him going this route again. THAT is how you do a heel turn and THAT is how you quickly establish yourself as a proper heel. Take notes people, but also take notes to MEVER EVER EVER!!! Count out B17 because when you doubt this man he make you eat your words! Absolute perfect ending for the match and beyond happy to see B17 retain here. The door is open for the rematch, a new challenger, or maybe a crazy multiman. This is the type of match that can show people the CCW title deserves respect and can hold up with the OCW title. Massive kudos to both dudes, both should be extremely proud and I can’t wait to see Aisu’s heel run continue especially as a main eventer in the CCW scene. 

Joanna vs. Shianne vs. Deborah (Women’s Championship Match)

While the match (well the first one for that matter, was short) there’s always room for having short matches especially with the aftermath as well. Deborah is absolutely starting to make the case that she is the most dominant, unstoppable woman in OCW today. That is an outstanding and remarkable thing to have in your hat for her first ever world title reign. I love Shianne, I love the look, the moveset, the entrance, I just really don’t like her alignment right now. I feel with the story Shianne was in the middle of these two big, evil, bad women and she could / still can be showcased as this scrappy underdog who anyone can get behind to cheer. Obviously not everything you want / wish for will come true in OCW but I’m really hoping that Shianne does start to walk the path of being the main baby face that the division desperately needs. Deborah then winning the first match and then pretty soundly defeating Flojo? That was a history making moment. For the last FIVE YEARS / HALF A DECADE! The women FI holder has ALWAYS been successful. Flojo watched C-Note lose his FI and wasn’t able to break the curse and well she broke the streak of successful cash ins. Nothing to be ashamed of at all, I hope now that she’s without the case Flojo can go back to her roots of being a baby face and trying to work her way back up to the champ. Amazing performances by Deborah, incredible reign so far, beyond excited to see how her season goes next season. 

Maxx Edwards vs. El Parca (OCW World Heavyweight Championship Match)

A crowning moment for a man who deserved it just about more than anyone. Someone who has consistently had stellar feuds, excellent work in and out the ring, and will continue to bring that to the world title scene is a champion to be proud of. Maxx got the better of El Parca that night, fluke? domination? can Parca rebound from it? Who knows. That’s the mystery of having a major championship switch hands right before the seasons end. Parca will have to lick his wounds and regroup from here while Maxx Edwards did exactly what he said he would. He made him vulnerable, was a step ahead at every corner and took his championship. Incredible win and I’m beyond proud of Maxx and will never be able to thank him enough for giving me one of the best feuds I’ve done in OCW. 

• Mark Out! 3

I am so glad I cant read.

• Mark Out! 4
  • Haha 3

"You either die a hero or live long enough to become Nate Ortiz" - Drago Cesar

"Let me make myself clear: you work for me. If I tell you to fight Blaine, you fight Blaine. Hell, if I tell you to fight a lion, you WILL fight a lion and still thank me afterwards for giving you a job." - Mr. Sensation